Fly Tying
Camo Clad Warrior

Fly Tyers Dungeon

I received one of his Christmas boxes and, like everybody else, was stunned by the volume and quality of materials. I had previously ordered three of his bug boxes and, in the mail, one was damaged beyond repair and another had just a small crack in it. When I contacted him, he insisted on not only replacing the broken one but also the cracked one.

He is sometimes not good about answering e-mails, probably because he is doing most of the work himself. I believe he plans to address some of those issues in the new year.

I will definitely be ordering more materials from him. Keep in mind, he's not Cabela's, so a little patience can't hurt. It will be well worth the wait.

John

Just received my Christmas Box. VERY nice materials. Like others I was suprised at the amount of "stuff" I got. The communication with FTD was great. Not sure what the disconnect is with the other board members having issues.

Like JohnP said, he is a one man operation & things take time. Hopefully everyone will get their order & be as happy as I am. :)

I got my order from FTD just the other day, and I VERY IMPRESSED with his product and will be buying lots more in the future. :thumbup:

Just ordered some really cool stuff from the dungeon. I hope everything gets here in a timely fashion. Thanks for pointing this site out to a newbie.

It rocks! :headbang:

Well...September 11, 2009...to.....January 27, 2010.

Let's see.....hmmm

138 days or

19 weeks 5 days or

4 1/2 months.

It came this morning. As far as me being patient? Yes, I think I have been just that.

Been a slice. See ya.

Oh yes, my materials? Don't want to go there.

Well...September 11, 2009...to.....January 27, 2010.

Let's see.....hmmm

138 days or

19 weeks 5 days or

4 1/2 months.

It came this morning. As far as me being patient? Yes, I think I have been just that.

Been a slice. See ya.

Oh yes, my materials? Don't want to go there.

I really hope the darn snail is okay after such a long haul. :sleep: :sleep1: :wheelchair: :sleep:

A lot of shipping issues with this guy eh? Seems like You need to just place one big order and wait it out as opposed to just ordering a couple of things. Was thinking of getting the 40 colors of congo hair myself but maybe I should order that and anything else I wanted so as to just place one large order.

why all the fuss about this?

i believe at the top of each page......................is the forums sponsor?

i believe that there prices are reasonable and service is excellent.

i personally would like to thank them for sponsoring this site and allowing tyers to share different sources.

on a lot of other "hobby" forums................the slightest mention of a possible competitor...............and the thread gets yanked!

camoham

why all the fuss about this?

i believe at the top of each page......................is the forums sponsor?

i believe that there prices are reasonable and service is excellent.

i personally would like to thank them for sponsoring this site and allowing tyers to share different sources.

on a lot of other "hobby" forums................the slightest mention of a possible competitor...............and the thread gets yanked!

camoham

Mainly because Flytyer's Dungeon is also a great place to buy. I purchase far more from J. Stockard than I do from The Scientist, but I also like to buy from him, too. You generally can't get everything you want from just one place in my experience.

Shipping has never been a big problem for me. Yes, occasionally it takes a little longer for something to come in, but he is apparently trying to remedy that irritation. As with any business, you can't make everyone happy, but after scanning this thread, you can easily see he's made most people very happy.

J. Stockard has, in my opinion, the best service and most easily travelled website I have found when dealing with flytying/fishing sites, or any other for that matter. I buy there frequently with no hassle at all and love doing it.

Ray

I agree with Harold Ray...I have ordered stuff from both places and several others...I do try to patronize the sponsors, and no you cannot get

everything you want in one place. I did order the Christmas box from the Mad Scientist and I do have to say WOW, what an unbelievable deal,

and he delivered as promised - I will definately be placing more orders in the future.

Jman.

I agree that sometimes things are slow from ANY supplier. If you want it immediately get in your car and drive to the closest fly shop.

Didn't want to start a new topic so I thought I would post here.

How small is the baby legs alive rubber legs? I'm looking for some thin rubber legs for boatmen and dragonflies.

Q

Is it really stiff?

A pic would really be helpful.

Tx

Wells

Didn't want to start a new topic so I thought I would post here.

How small is the baby legs alive rubber legs? I'm looking for some thin rubber legs for boatmen and dragonflies.

Q

Is it really stiff?

A pic would really be helpful.

Tx

Wells

the legs alive is very very subtle its even flimsier then silli legs here is a pic of apopper I tied with them

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=51042

I'm with Horseshoes on this one. Anything that takes 19 weeks to get to a person's door step including little or zero communication or possible refund, that's got bad business all over it. Doesn't matter if MOST people get their materials or not... the devil is in the details and Horseshoe's case in most defenitley a detail.