Fly Tying
spey guy

most liked trout species

most liked trout species  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take a look at my picture--STEELHEAD! Can't believe no one has mentioned them till now. B)

Bob, I was thinking the same..But since a steelhead is just a rainbow trout. Maybe people just voted rainbow in the pole?

although, aren't brook trout actually a species of char?

If you want to get technical rainbows, cutts, brookies, lake trout, blueback trout, bull trout, etc. are not actually trout. Just brownies.

Brookies by far. Finding them is half the fun...

You are super wrong here. Brookies, Lake, Sea, Bull are char. Rainbow and Cutties are trout. A Blueback is a Salmon whose proper name is Coho. And the Brown trout is a stand alone that is more closer related to the Atlantic Salmon.

Before you wanna correct people make sure you're correct.

I voted for Browns because I have had way more fun with them than I have Steelhead (which are Rainbows, not salmon). My largest Brown came from the Cowichan River and was around 13 lb if I did my math right.

I voted rainbows because they are cool.Brook trout are a introduced pest around here, and the daily bag limit is 25.They seldom grow over 12 inches so you need twenty five of them to make a meal!

Brownies all the way, be it river or loch, I love brownie fishing, though i mostly do rainbow fishing...

I voted for Brookies. I can catch rainbows and browns all day where I usually fish. The brookies are few and far between so when you get one on its like a jackpot.

I had to vote for my alltime favorite adversary, the dogfighting,headthumping Brown trout!

shane

My state is in need of any trout, better yet a trout stream. On the Mad River here in Ohio more then not it will be a brown. So Iam use to Brown

In slovenia we have also marble trout which is my favorite species of trout :D

Here are few fotos of this species that I cought last season on Soča river:

478631020025003723548110.jpg

107005410200198749593322.jpg