Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

a couple of fly boxes done

midge box

midge%20box%20600_zpszertzt79.jpg

nymph box

nymph%20box%20600_zps5fhisnyn.jpg

and after 8400 posts, so am i. done. gonna go count my money, watch the grass grow and have a grand old time

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just 8400 posts...you really should try socialize a little more, you know?

Looks a lot like one of my nymph boxes. What is the long skinny nymph on the bottom with the pink head?

I wish I didn't go through so many nymphs, but since I like to drag bottom I lose a ton of them. I like to tie dries but need more than a dozen nymphs for every dry by volume. Wish it was the other way around.

Looks a lot like one of my nymph boxes. What is the long skinny nymph on the bottom with the pink head?

I wish I didn't go through so many nymphs, but since I like to drag bottom I lose a ton of them. I like to tie dries but need more than a dozen nymphs for every dry by volume. Wish it was the other way around.

Bet you catch a lot, too! That pink head might be in A 2017 Flies from the vise photo, my best guess is end of Feb.

I believe you're talking the "Pink Squirrel" in Norm's box. On some other boards it is mandatory to send the moderators a dozen of those for posting approval. Well, not really but it is sure like in the WI Driftless Waters.

Norm, have your fish grown so used to sucking their meals out from under rocks their mouths have migrated down to where anything above midlevel to the top is ignored?

I hope he is not gone! I hope he didn't mean done with the forum as well! I sure enjoy his posts!

I hope he is not gone! I hope he didn't mean done with the forum as well! I sure enjoy his posts!

I agree with you.

Flytire, I wish you tight loops, tight lines, and smelly hands. I hope to see more posts but you have been here to help many of us, Thank You for the 8,400 posts, prompt replies to questions, flies posts for the month.

Lets go find him? Maybe we'll need some help from somebody though.

post-57957-0-29534000-1488822436_thumb.jpg

Nothing is cooler to look at then a nicely done full fly box. Sweet!!! What drives me crazy is when I have to use one, loose it, then I have a bare spot in the box. It's just not right.

Norm called it Utah Killer Bug in Feb Flies from the Vise, near end of month

Lets go find him? Maybe we'll need some help from somebody though.

I sense that if flytire could navigate that thing up to the South Platte River he would be doing some multi-tasking soon. The fly boxes have quite a few that should work great there, and tons of other places!