Fly Tying
fshng2

Mop Fly Variant

Nice collection. I've only been able to find the mini mop pieces in chartreuse, cream, blue and gray. I've been able to come up with black, pink, purple, olive,red, orange and tan by dyeing or coloring the cream pieces. The search goes on. When I finish up my mini mop fly box I'll post a picture, still have some floaters to tie.

Check dog toys or kids stuffed animals for earth tones. Got cream and brown on a teddy bear dog toy. Got brighter colors from mouse shaped cat toys. Theyre all sz12-18 mops.

Check dog toys or kids stuffed animals for earth tones. Got cream and brown on a teddy bear dog toy. Got brighter colors from mouse shaped cat toys. Theyre all sz12-18 mops.

Since I don't have a pet, I hadn't thought about checking out pet toys. My sister has a dog and my friend has a cat so that gives me a reason to check out pet toys. I did check out some kids toys the other day, but they were pretty pricey and they looked more like chenille than mop pieces.

:)

had to try it.

Nice one xterrabill!

Philly, look forward to seeing pic of your fly box.

BTW...This post is 13 pages.... need to backtrack for more info. Got these minies at PetSmart

IMG_2060.jpg

The only little ones in off white at DollarStors.....Finding stuff is real hit/ miss.

IMG_2119.jpg

Also these "squirmy thingy" toys are super soft/fishy legs, worms etc. And real challenge to tie where you want em..they really stretch are durable and the fish hang onem like they are real!. Wish they came longer....

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

Denduke what size hooks are you using on the smaller mops?

Mike lots of great colors...have you tried any of the Bernat Blanket Yarn yet.

I was wondering how to keep the end from unraveling?

Denduke what size hooks are you using on the smaller mops?

Size 14 scuds on the caddis pupa, the other stuff was 12 offset little bait hooks.