Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

7 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

A hard lesson I've learned well.

Yup, at least for some. Mine maybe moreso than most. 

Not yet on the redfish. No boat, no local fishing buddies yet. Way, way too cheap to pay a guide. Thought I'd get a kayak, but too chicken to try it solo just yet. Add covid to the mix, and, well... It'll happen.

When I was 1 year old, my father interviewed for a job in Baton Rouge but took a job in Los Angeles instead. Perfect choice for him, not the shangri-la for me. I love it here. 

Why is it my wife who will tell me she doesn't want my tying desk to be messy doesn't notice our Grand kids have turned  the entire 1st floor into what can be best described as a day care supply house explosion?  

My wife got a hook in her foot this week end, (size 10, for those that need to know).

I was rigging up some stuff in the living room (to watch TV while I do it) and lost track of one hook. I looked and looked for it. Couldn't find it. She's not in the room for a minute and she finds it, in her foot.

I felt really bad about it. I jerked it out pretty easily with some pliers. She was actually pretty good about it. Almost like she expects stuff like that.

I guess that's the best reason for my own room, so I can find all my own hooks.

22 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

Mine's version of that is, with a proper pout, "Does EVERYTHING have to be a dead animal?" She's a vegan... "Yes" (and thank you, plastic baggies).

It's hard to tie a fly with kale.😁

4 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

She was actually pretty good about it. Almost like she expects stuff like that.

Maybe, but I might be in your best interest to not turn your back to her for a while and make sure you keep in touch with the forum Ok?  😉

7 minutes ago, DFoster said:

Maybe, but I might be in your best interest to not turn your back to her for a while and make sure you keep in touch with the forum Ok?  😉

She's making me go fishing for a week. I'll be fine after that, if nothing goes wrong while I'm gone. The last time I left for an extended trip, when I came back, the dog had a bandage on the end of her tail and a cone-head. She got her tail caught in the automatic, closing door of our store, (in the hinge side) It wasn't my fault but I wasn't there to take care of the problem when it happened.

3 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

It's hard to tie a fly with kale.😁

Try digesting it. I'm now working overtime as a gas valve operator.

3 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

Try digesting it. I'm now working overtime as a gas valve operator.

Angel says "Kale's just gross no matter what they try to do with it" She's full blooded Italian so, bread, pasta and tomato sauce. 

19 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

My wife got a hook in her foot this week end, (size 10, for those that need to know).

I was rigging up some stuff in the living room (to watch TV while I do it) and lost track of one hook. I looked and looked for it. Couldn't find it. She's not in the room for a minute and she finds it, in her foot.

I felt really bad about it. I jerked it out pretty easily with some pliers. She was actually pretty good about it. Almost like she expects stuff like that.

I guess that's the best reason for my own room, so I can find all my own hooks.

You may want to check your sheets before you get in bed tonight!

Kim

1 minute ago, Mark Knapp said:

"Kale's just gross no matter what they try to do with it"

I like kale sauteed in alot of olive oil, slides right off the plate and into the trash easier.  

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

Angel says "Kale's just gross no matter what they try to do with it" She's full blooded Italian so, bread, pasta and tomato sauce. 

I like her already!

36 minutes ago, DFoster said:

I like her already!

1 hour ago, niveker said:

I like kale sauteed in alot of olive oil, slides right off the plate and into the trash easier.  

1 hour ago, WWKimba said:

You may want to check your sheets before you get in bed tonight!

Kim

😁😄

22 hours ago, DFoster said:

Why is it my wife who will tell me she doesn't want my tying desk to be messy doesn't notice our Grand kids have turned  the entire 1st floor into what can be best described as a day care supply house explosion?  

Because it's her job to boss you around and just spoil the grand kids.