Fly Tying
pickin6ofem

Your Favorite Fly

Hey Gang,

So I'm going to give this a go after many years of not hosting. I hosted many swaps back in the early days of the forum, going as far back as '06! One of the popular topics was the "your favorite" series, so I thought to give this a go and see what the interest level might be. I'm thinking we can start with your favorite fly and go from there if you're into it. Other successful favorites we can do are beadheads, dry fly, nymphs, streamer etc.

This swap is full

All FTF rules apply due May 1st 

Pickin6ofem SM - Zebra Midge - Done

1) Woodenlegs - Stimulator--------Addy Sent—received 

2) majestyja - Rhino Midge—received - Got 'em

3) ColonelMel - Modified Wolly Bugger- addy sent - received 

4) Johnw1986 - TBD - addy sent - in mail - received - got em 

5) netabrookie - TBD - addy sent - received - got em 

6) richmce - Worm- addy sent - received  

Flat Rock native - Yardbird GreenBlack baetis - Addy sent - received 

7) Bruce - Peacock Midge - received - got em 

8 )DarrellP - soft hackle PT - received - got em

9) vicrider - TBD - received

10) Samsonboi - TBD - addy sent - received

11) fishingbobnelson - Nelson Ishiyma's Nelson's Caddis- DROPPED

12) dflanagan - TBD - addy sent -

I haven't participated in a swap in 3 years... I have so many flies I just stopped.  But it's time to get back in.  I'll do a modified wooly bugger if you'll have me.

It's been a while. I think I was in a swap or two of yours 10 or so years ago. Count me in if you will. I haven't been very active for a while but it's time to change that and tie some flies.  It's good to see you back.  I will probably tie some kind of dry flies

i have a new favorite worm . i will join in  BUT    i dont want any flies. i have too many. i ll send in for all tyers in the swap    rich mce

Wow great to have you all!! ColonelMel coming out of retirement I love it! My hope was to get some tyers back into, knowing we all have some down time. Woodenlegs I love me some stimi's I can't wait to see yours! You're welcome Jeff glad to see you swappin again. Thanks for joinin' Johnw1986. netabrookie always a pleasure glad you jumped in. I've always enjoyed you in these swaps, kinda makes it feel like the old days! Alright richmce if you say so, nice to have ya. My 15 year old son Bruce wanted to join so I put him in, he tyes a pretty mean peacock midge. The 1st page has been updated. I'll leave this open thru the weekend to see if it fills up.

Thanks,

Pickin

17 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Soft hackle PT.

Got ya in Darrell. Looking forward to seeing your flies. Thanks for joining!! 

I will have to start keeping track of when these swaps come do. I have plenty of time but a bad memory so I better keep a list of what is do when. Oh, by the way, I'm in. Would normally do a H&L Variant but just did a dozen for BB's swap so will consider something else.

Edit to add I'm not a big fan of over 12 swappers and 15 is absolute max for me. The one time we had more it just resulted in a lot of late arrivals and people didn't like it. That swap had 17 and is just too many. The exception is the Secret Santa Swap which is a horse of different color and gives people a chance to clear out some of their backlog they don't get a chance to fish.

56 minutes ago, vicrider said:

I will have to start keeping track of when these swaps come do. I have plenty of time but a bad memory so I better keep a list of what is do when. Oh, by the way, I'm in. Would normally do a H&L Variant but just did a dozen for BB's swap so will consider something else.

Edit to add I'm not a big fan of over 12 swappers and 15 is absolute max for me. The one time we had more it just resulted in a lot of late arrivals and people didn't like it. That swap had 17 and is just too many. The exception is the Secret Santa Swap which is a horse of different color and gives people a chance to clear out some of their backlog they don't get a chance to fish.

I got ya in Nick. I totally understand. The old swaps that got that large we had to push the due date back to over two months and that did become problematic. having said that I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get 12 at this point. I will post an update when we start getting close to the due date, probably around like 2 weeks out. Thanks for joining glad to have you in this one.