Fly Tying
McFlyLures

Quarantine Fishing

I am quarantined like the rest of the United States, but I really wanted to get outside and fish.  Fishing is one of those activities you can do and be socially distant so I felt really safe doing this without a mask.  There was a little creek near my house that I had thought might hold fish, so I gave it a go.  It was a good time even though I didn't catch a ton of fish.  But that was a decent bass I did catch.  Urban fishing like this does provide enjoyment and opportunity to catch some decent fish.  And best of all, it gives you the chance to get outside and wet a line. 

https://youtu.be/R0V0hWeeqdQ

First, check out the definition of quarantine.  The social part of social distancing also implies it is for societies' benefit, not your's.  

Gee, what’s your point...?  

Although he used the term “quarantine”... I doubt that he was under any kind of enforceable quarantine at all - and he was certainly practicing “social distancing” the way most of us do on the water (and in his own neighborhood )... 

1 hour ago, WJG said:

First, check out the definition of quarantine.  The social part of social distancing also implies it is for societies' benefit, not your's.  

Society's, yours.

His intent is clear, no need to be pedantic.

I'll be quarantining myself on the St. Johns River tomorrow ... if the wind stays calm.  I promise I won't let anyone get too close to my boat.

No, I won't be wearing a mask, either.

Hahahaha I love the comments.  Funny funny people out there. Bob and dogface your absolutely correct in your comments.  Lol!  I kept away from people and made sure and practiced good social distancing.  Anyone that thought otherwise is probably not actually watching the video...  my wife is actually a nurse, and we have been very very careful.  I’m fully aware of the need to keep from spreading this.  unfortunately many people in my area do not.  I watch in horror at people walking into our laundry room at our apartments without masks, all hanging out together cracking jokes and sharing beers while doing laundry in a small closed little room.  Just crazy!  

mike, I’ll try and watch when I get the chance, thanks for those.   Yeah small creeks here in San Antonio are doing really well right now.  Not this one particularly, but......  some within 20 or so minutes from me.  

Good job McFly! Ive been doing a lot of fishing and I've somehow manage to not get sick or get anybody else sick. I refuse to add to the panic by wearing a mask. I talk to people, god forbid, go to multiple stores daily and try to interact with as many people as possible, I don't disenfect cardboard or any other kind of packaging, I pull on door knobs and I don't act like everybody is sick. I follow the only two rules needed for protection of myself and society, I don't touch my face and I sanitize my hands after touching things in public. Time to end the panic and fear. Enjoy your time out with no remorse. 

Up here in Mass the Governor stated we need to all wear masks when outside,   And parking in state beaches/parks has been banned.    Limits the fishing access up here.    Glad you are getting out.  

On 4/11/2020 at 1:10 PM, petelangevin said:

Up here in Mass the Governor stated we need to all wear masks when outside,   And parking in state beaches/parks has been banned.    Limits the fishing access up here.    Glad you are getting out.  

I'm in central Mass Pete, the towns west of Worcester have some great "isolated" fishing.  If you wade there are plenty of places to fish out of site of anyone else.   .  The state web site say's they stocked half a million trout this spring-

The Colorado river cuts Austin in half and I can put my little boat in without getting within 20 feet of anyone. Norther came through last night so it was slow fishing today but I caught a few. Amazingly lightly fished for a city of over a million. I seldom see more than a couple others fishing.

Edited by Jacks Grampa
typo

6 hours ago, Jacks Grampa said:

The Colorado river cuts Austin in half and I can put my little in without getting within 20 feet of anyone. Norther came through last night so it was slow fishing today but I caught a few. Amazingly lightly fished for a city of over a million. I seldom see more than a couple others fishing.

Hey Jack's Grampa, we ever going to see a picture of you and Jack on here with a fish? I love to see kids with Grampa's and fish.