Fly Tying
dflanagan

Classic Bucktail swap

All sorted, packed, and ready for the mail. Unfortunately we missed out on flies from a couple guys due to unforeseen circumstances. Flytire, stabgnid, and WWKimba each sent along extra flies for everyone and I randomly distributed the leftover flies each of us had. I don’t think anyone ended up with their own fly but, if so, fish the heck out of it, anyway. 

Thanks to all of you for joining. Once again, we’ve ended up with an amazing set of flies that’ll catch fish or look good on display. 

yes please send them out

with the postal service these days it will be october when we get them 😀😀

keep any extras for yourself 👍

I went ahead and put them out for the mail. Thanks to everyone who sent extras.

I imagine everyone gets emails from J. Stockard but, if you haven’t seen it, check out their fly of the month for a step by step of the pattern mikemac contributed to the swap.

Just received a beautiful set of flies today.  I will try to post photos within the next day or two.  Thanks to all the great tiers who took part, and @dflanagan for hosting!

Great flies, everyone.  Thanks to all and especially @dflanagan for hosting.  Hope I got the labels correct.  There was no tier name attached to the 'Sneaky Joe'.  Will also post this in 'September Flies from the Vise' thread.  

IMG-20200915-091613-AA.jpg

Great minds think alike! I thought I saw two of my flies In that pick, nice work stabgnid and great work to everyone who participated! 

My wife asked if that was a page out of a magazine, it looks like it sure could be, it would be nice to get pics like these from every swap! 

2 hours ago, niveker said:

Great flies, everyone.  Thanks to all and especially @dflanagan for hosting.  Hope I got the labels correct.  There was no tier name attached to the 'Sneaky Joe'.  Will also post this in 'September Flies from the Vise' thread.  

IMG-20200915-091613-AA.jpg

Great pictures!  It even made MY flies look good!!  Must have had some great lighting!