Fly Tying
flytire

Its coming....

....first big snow storm to hit the north east Wednesday and Thursday.

if they could only figure it out. i guess that's why the call it predicting

looks like a couple of days of tying flies

BB1bXM7D.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

BB1bXQkE.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

I love the first big snow storm of the year. It's the last one I dislike. I'm looking forward to sitting with my feet up in front of a warm fire watching the snow outside my window. I think I'll take a long walk and practice my guitar. Unless it's as windy as they say then I'll just practice the guitar. Bring it Mother Nature!

Weather forecaster is an easy job. Where else can you be wrong 80% of the time and still get paid? I was born and raised in Ohio and lived in central KY for several years. Winter of 77-78, we got 54 inches of snow, according to the wife's yardstick. People here in SE TN don't know what snow and cold weather really is. Getting ready to go into the shop and work awhile then onto Word for a couple of things.

Rain- don't have to shovel it.

Yes the weather Ap had us in central Massachusetts at 6" two days ago and now it's calling for 18" to 20".   I can't wait!  It's the perfect time to tie up some fly's, with the wood stove burning, a warming glass of fine bourbon and a pot of hot stew cooking!  Funny we love getting snowed in but I'm sure the local news is reporting that the world is ending with women and children to be hardest hit-

My wife and I detest the media's 24/7 storm coverage of the first big snowfall each year.   They actually think they can scare everyone with their dire warnings of power outages and life threatening travel conditions.  Yawn- this is New England and we're New Englanders, it snows and gets cold here.  Many of us have power generators, snow blowers, four wheel drive vehicles with plows and in the rare event the four wheel drive can't get you where you need to be there's always snowmobiles- we'll be just fine and we'll lend a hand to our neighbors if they need something.  Apparently the media hasn't realized the day's of the blizzard of 78 are over.  What they should be doing is letting the non residents and visitors from warmer climates know that there's no need to buy every last gallon of milk or loaf of bread at the super market.  Uh!

I guess I actually I should have said my wife and I just detest the media period.   We both stopped watching the local and national news this year.  You would be amazed at how your outlook on life gets better. ☺️  

That's a LOT of snow if they are correct :blink: We have yet to have anything to measure here in Michigan yet. Little flurry or two out there right now but not sticking. If you guys get that much be sure to overnight a box of it to Mike. You know how he loves a white Christmas 😁

Our town shuts down if there is even a mention of snow. Attitude is twofold- The Lord giveth, The Lord taketh away.; The faster your tires spin, the better. Even if you don't move.

Hunker down guys. Hoping for a warm, uneventful few days for you all. See you on the other side. At least the wind will keep the power lines from coming down.

6 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

If you guys get that much be sure to overnight a box of it to Mike. You know how he loves a white Christmas 😁

I LOVE a white christmas ... when I'm watching it on TV with the windows open and a glass of iced tea in my hand.  😎

You can keep the snow, thank you very much.  We're getting rain as I type this, and it's getting my half built workshop wet. 😡

Snow would just melt and add to the wetness.  I would say "have fun" ... but I can't imagine "fun" in cold weather anymore.

Hoping some of it hits me here in Michigan too. I've come to love winter, maybe I'm crazy. Where I'm at in MI we've got may 5-6" of snow right now and starting to have consistently cold days. I'm impatiently waiting for the lakes to freeze so I can get out on the ice!

I'm right there with ya flykid, I actually want some snow as well. We only have maybe 1/2" here in SE Michigan as of now. I know lots of people hate snow (I'm lookin' at you Mike! lol) but I personally love the four seasons we get here in Mi. Each one has a different/certain feeling to it that adds variety to life which I enjoy.

We got 12-18 inches or so. Its really powdery and light so shoveling was super easy. I even took my small shop vac out and blew the porch off. Stuff is melting already and roads are better now than at 9am.