Fly Tying
flytire

Renzetti Commemorative Craft Master Series

Does the "elegant, handcrafted cigar-style wooden box signed by Andy with the 50th year anniversary logo lasered engraved on the lid" come with a rubber band to keep the lid on tight?

😉

Triple the price of a Master Vise . . . and do you know what? . . . they will sell every one of them!  Renzetti does make a fine product!     

From my perspective, this crosses the line between "collectable value" and good old quality and functionality.  (However, it does make one feel a lot better about buying a $600 HMH TRV!) 

Regards,

I have a 'lowly Traveler' also, I love it, it is a fine vise, but  3,000 clams for that one seems a bit much. 

At least give me a velvet lined interior, even if it is over molded plastic, looks low budge the way it is.  They could have at least sprung for a real wood interior with some kind of padding.  And no offense meant to Mr. Renzetti, but why would I want his signature?  

Maybe I’m wrong but I think most things, not all, marketed as commemorative rarely maintain their value. I can’t see how they will sell them at that price. 

I’m just speculating here but after reading the information on the link; other than the packaging there is nothing new as this is an assembly of the master vise with most of the off the shelf accessories.  The mitered corner shown on the wooden case in the picture is not master cabinet maker quality given the gap at the top.  This might make a nice gift or raffle prize or an award but I can’t see people buying this for their own use.  Watch them sell out😳

Actually, a pretty good deal on those Tiemco hooks . . . if you can justify the ones that are useful to you, versus bench stock you'll never use . . .

Tiemco hooks go for about $8-10 for 25 count, so that's about half price.     

Regards, 

51 minutes ago, flyflinger said:

Actually, a pretty good deal on those Tiemco hooks . . . if you can justify the ones that are useful to you, versus bench stock you'll never use . . .

Tiemco hooks go for about $8-10 for 25 count, so that's about half price.     

Regards, 

When I first saw that auction, it had a buy it now price of $10,000.  I tried embedding the link a couple of times and previewing it without success and then just pasted the entire thing, and by that time they had fixed the price so I just left it. 

Regards,

Mark

I have a friend who is seriously involved in the buying and selling of collectible fly fishing equipment of all kinds. What I have learned from him is simple...there is a distinct difference between collectors and users. I am not now nor have I ever been a collector. Equipment I buy is to be used - period. Rods, reels, tying vises, etc. are tools, not something to sit on a shelf and be admired. I have no doubt Renzetti will sell out those special edition vises. People will collect anything!!

I like my  box a LOT better than the one shown.  It's even got Gene's Bug Box inlet into the top, and it is big enough for a vise and a lot of material storage.

On 6/30/2023 at 9:52 AM, SalarMan said:

I am not now nor have I ever been a collector. Equipment I buy is to be used - period. Rods, reels, tying vises, etc. are tools, not something to sit on a shelf and be admired. I have no doubt Renzetti will sell out those special edition vises. People will collect anything!!

My toys are for playing with….