Fly Tying
breambuster

It’s Been Great!

Hey Guys, I guess you may have noticed that I haven’t been around for a while. I have had a major downturn in my health in the last year. It began last Thanksgiving with an attack of an autoimmune disease called Myasthenia Gravis. It caused me to develop atypical pneumonia which brought on afib. That quickly became a Myastenia flare which isn’t a nice thing to have. Long story short, my fly fishing and fly tying days are over. I’m too unsteady on my feet to even attempt to wade a mountain stream and my hands are too shaky to even attempt to tie a fly. I do still tie some 1/16 oz crappie jigs and fish fairly often with a neighbor who has a boat. We live on Lake Hartwell on the SC/Ga line. I have a new pair of waders that I wore once while doing a baptismal service and a pair of wading boots that have never been worn. And a legal size, four drawer file cabinet that is overflowing with materials. If anyone is interested in getting any of these items, PM me. Otherwise, I will say that it’s been a joy to be a part of the flytyingforum over the past few years. Thanks to everyone who has swapped with me in the past. It’s been great knowing you guys and sharing this great adventure. Tight lines to all.

BB

So sorry to hear my friend!  My prayers are out for you and I appreciate the times we spent on this site, you are one fine tyer.

Kim

So sad to hear this best of luck to you, you will be missed in this group and your flies always were amazing 

A gentleman through and through, bb. It's been a pleasure swapping flies with you and sharing time on the forum. I hope you'll keep popping your head in here now and again to keep us current on what you're up to.

You say no fly fishing rivers, but you're tying jigs.... You fly fishing any off that boat? Lake Hartwell looks like a pretty good place to be.

BB, I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep active posting on the forum you are a great addition to the group. I have always enjoyed your jig and bream fly swaps and I will miss your flies.  Until joining one of your swaps the only jig I knew was 1 oz and up bucktails for salt water, thanks for opening my eyes to crappie / bream jigs.

BB

Sorry to hear about the health issues you are experiencing. Going back to my lurker days I always enjoyed your flies and your posts. You brought a lot to the site and I hope you will continue at whatever level you feel comfortable. Just know that many of us appreciate your contributions and have grown through them. 
Tom

Very sorry for your troubles BB. 

My sentiments are pretty similar to those mentioned above.  Yours was one of the first fly swaps I participated in on this board, and your enthusiasm for my mediocre flies sent in encouraged me to keep on joining.  I especially enjoyed your multi-round well stocked fly box swaps.  Keep posting and fishing when you can. 

If you ever need any flies tied up, don't hesitate to let me know. It would be a pleasure to send you whatever you needed. 

In the mean time, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.   

BB, so sorry to hear about your health.  Having been through some heart problems myself, i understand.  You have my best thoughts for you and your family.

If you have no takers on the materials, you might consider donating them to Project Healing Waters.

fishingbob