Fly Tying
oatka

Getting Fishing Gifts

As Christmas approaches I'm reminded that good intentioned friends and family might get me a (fly) fishing gift. It's always a interesting to see what they think I'll enjoy.

The truth is, ONLY my wife has a decent chance of getting me something I'll really enjoy....and that's only a "decent chance", not a guarantee.

What are some of the interesting gifts you've gotten from people because they know you like fishing?

I got a hand held fishing game.....and other interesting gifts I can't think of right now.

I got a small porcelain creel with two trout salt & pepper shakers in it once...

I got a small porcelain creel with two trout salt & pepper shakers in it once...

no joke - i got the same thing and was just about to reply with the same answer. although, the trout on the top of my creel has broken off and the set is proudly on display in a plastic tote wrapped in newspaper in my basement storage area.

When my youngest was in Kindergarten she got me a cat toy that looked like a fishing rod. Her older sister still won't let her forget it.

John

I got trout salt and pepper too. Just last week fate took one off the display shelf and it broke. Super Glue miiiiight fix it.

A few years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a small pail full of yellow bobbers w/smiley faces on them from wal-mart....

Mike

a friend of mine a few years ago gave me an assortment of commercially tied salt water flies which would of been ok but his note said I got these for you because I noticed you make your own and I thought you might want some real ones oh yeah and also I live in Michigan where there isn't salt water in a thousand miles

My wife got me a 3 week trip starting in the Yucatan ending in Bermuda. I hit Grand Cayman, Tortolla, St Barts, and the Bahamas in the between. She even set up guides in each island.

Man what Id do for a salt and pepper shaker! You guys are lucky!!!

Dang it! Stinking alarm clock just went off. Dream is OVER!!! Yea I got the clock too...... <_<