Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

LOL Adam.

I just looked up information on them. Halibut are the larger members of the family of flatfishes. Records of fish over 500 pounds.

The name flounder covers about a dozen flatfishes and rarely exceed 20 inches and 7 or 8 pounds.

I couldn't find anything about water depth. But I do know that here, around Florida, there are no Halibut, because they do favor cooler water.

I know you're talking about Halibut Mike, but your question reminded me of an interesting article I read about catching fluke on top water flies - I always assumed that fluke were bottom dwellers too.

I've caught lots of Florida flounder on large (2"-3") jigs (Mann's Stingray Grub). They'll follow it right up to the boat and still hit it right at the last second.

Are there any Atlantic halibut? I thought they were from Alaska. That's where my friends catch them.

School mackerel from, yesterday.

sorry bout the blood in the pic.... they don't handle well... although this one came home for dinner when the bride gets back on Tuesday. post-22241-0-94953200-1448789479_thumb.jpg

Got out on the St. Johns River, before the winds kicked up too much. It was good to be out there. T-shirt and shorts, on December 5th.