Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Flies Invitational

Mine went out last evening. It's a long way from central NC to central SC, but there's a good chance they'll get there by the 30th.

phg's flies are here and they are another really neat set of flies. Another set of 12 twins. And even more extras for my fly box! I'm going to have one of the coolist fly boxes in the world! Thanks, phg!

Keeping an eye out for even more sets to arrive.

BB

Guys, I tell you what. The Humpy has always been a hard fly for me to tie. And small flies are hard as well. I have tried tying the Humpy with limited success. I can turn one out that will do in a rush, but that's it. So, when I get a set of 12 Humpies, SMALL ones, to boot, and they look like they came out of a Humpy MACHINE....! Well, all I can say is TRIPLE Wow! (A double wow isn't good enough.) Jburge has offered a very welcome addition to this set of flies, and you guys are going to love seeing this one. Thanks Jburge, and many thanks for the extras. I really appreciate them.

Take Care

BB

Breambuster you should join Carolina Fly Fishing Club. We meet in Basspro once a month and do Lying and Tying once a month. A lot of good tyers and nice guys

Guys, I tell you what. The Humpy has always been a hard fly for me to tie. And small flies are hard as well. I have tried tying the Humpy with limited success. I can turn one out that will do in a rush, but that's it. So, when I get a set of 12 Humpies, SMALL ones, to boot, and they look like they came out of a Humpy MACHINE....! Well, all I can say is TRIPLE Wow! (A double wow isn't good enough.) Jburge has offered a very welcome addition to this set of flies, and you guys are going to love seeing this one. Thanks Jburge, and many thanks for the extras. I really appreciate them.

Take Care

BB

Ha! Too funny. And, my pleasure. Glad you like 'em. Don't know why, but I've had more success with red than with any other color.

"Humpy machine"!!!!! I think they have them.

Breambuster is a minister. A Southern clergy. They say the funniest things. Especially on the boards outside their church. I live near Breambuster and here are some of those "Humpy machines" that are posted in front of South Carolina churches. Breambuster, I am sure knows the authors of the signs.

post-3361-0-29003400-1443888406_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-10591400-1443888417_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-68953700-1443888420_thumb.jpg

I was afraid you guys were making something out of my post that I didn't intend. I was thinking of a fly-tying machine that made Humpy flies exactly alike, one after the other. You are responsible for where you go from there. ;-).

But while I'm here, we have two more sets of flies. Riff's flies are here and they are awesome. A very nice hopper pattern that I need to learn to try to tie. Also jfinn's flies are here and they are very nice as well, and colorful to boot! Both sets are maintaining our standard of sets of flies that are very close to being exactly alike.

And thanks, guys, for ALL the extras. Riff, you did a great job! Enjoyed some of it this morning. (Riff will know what that means.)

Take care

BB

I've updated the original post and it looks like all the sets are here! I'll do my best to get them photographed and back in the mail to all of you by the first of next week. And I want to thank you all for doing a great job of submitting flies and for getting them to me in a timely manner. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a group of highly skilled, highly experienced tyers and swappers. Great job, everyone.

Take care

BB

There is NO way that I'm going to compete with Eide and his skills & equipment. You will find pictures of his set elsewhere on this thread. But below, I'm going to attach, hopefully, some thumbnail pictures of the other sets. My skills and equipment, a simple point-and-shoot are the best I can do. I included several flies from each set without really picking through them. I chose the ones that came to my hand naturally and that had the toe tag in the same orientation, for the most part. I'm going to see if Troutguy's pictures come up on this post and if they do, I'll do another post with several thumbnails, hopefully.

Wish me luck.

BB

post-747-0-98925100-1444076832_thumb.jpg

OK, that worked just like I hoped it would. So let me see if I can add several to the next set. They will be from Fishingbobnelson, DavidHe, PHG, & Jburge, in that order.

post-747-0-35632300-1444077257_thumb.jpg

post-747-0-77004100-1444077350_thumb.jpg

post-747-0-55516800-1444077494_thumb.jpg

post-747-0-44675000-1444077746_thumb.jpg