Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Flies Invitational

Add, I'm not ignoring your request or trying to be a smartypants about the pictures. It's just that I'm SWAMPED with work, have a business trip out of town later today until Wednesday Night, a family thing I've GOT to do on Friday, I'm tied up until about 3:00 PM on Sunday and leaving for Vacation immediately after the Sunday thing is finished. It's been a LONG time since I've had any time off, and I'm TRYING not to have to take work with me on my vacation! I'll try to get to the pictures after I get back. Hope you understand.

Take care

BB

BB, I consider this a worthy explanation...IF part of your vacation includes wetting a wf4f on some stream or pond. If not enjoy the family vacation anyway. I've been trying to do the swap pictures each month and unless you have some of the special setups some do have it is time consuming to try to get good pictures. There are a couple on the swap who I know do great pictures and maybe they'll step in and lift this chore from you when they get the flies back.

Add, I'm not ignoring your request or trying to be a smartypants about the pictures. It's just that I'm SWAMPED with work, have a business trip out of town later today until Wednesday Night, a family thing I've GOT to do on Friday, I'm tied up until about 3:00 PM on Sunday and leaving for Vacation immediately after the Sunday thing is finished. It's been a LONG time since I've had any time off, and I'm TRYING not to have to take work with me on my vacation! I'll try to get to the pictures after I get back. Hope you understand.

Take care

BB

I was just ribbing you! Enjoy your vacation...I know some pictures will get posted in due time.

brown_streamers.jpg

Ok, to get the pictures started: my set of streamers. These are tied on Partridge CS15 #2 10xl

brown_streamer-1024x640.jpg

I'll get my camera out when they arrive and take pictures of them all.

And they are all packed nicely in small plastic bags to preserve them on their long journey:

IMG_2351-e1442260687250-1024x1024.jpg

Breambuster, thanks for the kind words. I hope that you have a great vacation and you are able to leave all that terrible work stuff alone for a while and just enjoy life.

Eide, those are really beautiful. Exceptional work as always.

I had to come back in and edit this post... this dang phone changed Eide to wide and I almost didn't notice it . I usually read over everything before I hit the thing to post because this stupid smart phone thinks it knows what I am trying to say.

Eide,

HOLY COW you are amazing!!! Those deserver to be placed in Louver Museum right next to the Mona Lisa. Your tying skills simply amaze me because of you ability to be consistent. Each fly looks exactly like the others. 12 identical twins...LOL...I hope our paths cross one day and I can watch you tie. GREAT JOB...GREAT JOB indeed....

Another set of flies has arrived. DavidHE's Caddis Emergers are here, and like all the other sets, they are all clones of one another. Man, I wish I could do that! Mine all have individuality and character! Doesn't that sound nice? What you call "Damning with faint praise." Anyway, DavidHE's flies are safely here and they are awesome. AND (drum roll, please) MORE extras! Thanks, so much, DavidHE!

Take care

BB

Mine will be in the mail on Friday I ended up tying a Dave's Hopper it is one of my favorite pattern for mid summer trout. If you have never fished one I will give you a few pointers. Find a spot where there is tall grass near the edge of the river, stream, creek, or lake. Throw your fly near the edge of the bank allowing it to splat kind of hard on the water. It will draw the trout right to it. This pattern is also great for blue gills and bass.

It has been a LONG time since I posted pictures to the forum and really have forgotten how. If I remember correctly, I will need to upload them to some other site and just enter the Web address here? Are there some free sites where I can do that? Would anyone care to give me step-by-step instructions about the entire process of posting pictures here?

Using the "More Reply Options" below, you can put thumbnails directly on your post.

You will need to re-size your pictures if they are more than about 800 pixels in either width or height.

Choose a file, then attach it. Repeat until you have all the pictures uploaded. Then "add to post" each one as appropriate. Each one you "add to post" will go where your cursor is.

It has been a LONG time since I posted pictures to the forum and really have forgotten how. If I remember correctly, I will need to upload them to some other site and just enter the Web address here? Are there some free sites where I can do that? Would anyone care to give me step-by-step instructions about the entire process of posting pictures here?

A lot of us use Photobucket.com It's a free site, but sometimes does annoy you with adds and offers.

Once you've uploaded your photos to photobucket.com, you just add the link to your reply using img tags. (Note that I added a space inside the tags, so they won't work.) Also, photobucket likes to add an extraneous url tag around the img tag. I always remove it.

As Mike suggested, make sure your pictures have been resized for computer display. 800x600 usually works well.

BB, flies have officially flown and are in the hands of the USPS. Sending one my favorite attractor patterns--Red Humpy. Thanks for hosting!

John