Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

It's basically a tape with a tar sticky side you use it to seal around windows or places that need extra protection on a roof but it can also be use onto of deck joists to prevent dry rot.

so it would go on the top of each joist BEFORE the deck boards go on?

the existing joists looked damn good for being 12 years old

Exactly it'll help keep them looking good for a lot longer.

I've been refining my Argus Baitfish Streamer. This is the one I like the most. I'll tie a few more to work on proportions and the details like prettier heads.

Later this week I'll get to see how they swim, cast and catch fish.

DSCF4134-XL.jpg

Here, in hurricane land, there are some truly silly people.

I was driving back to my house last Sunday, and passed a stack of plywood by the street. It was wood, bought to shore up windows for Dorian ... and then discarded. So, I got 3 full sized 3/4" plywood sheets and one 2'x8' 3/4" plywood piece.

I spent yesterday cutting it into pieces for some 3'x2'x1' cabinets. It's construction grade, so I'm not finishing it for inside the house ... but it'll make some nice new storage in the garage. I've got to pick up some more pipe clamps before I start glue/screwing the pieces together. I also need to pick up some hardware and another sheet of peg board for the doors.

Pictures when they're done.

Here, in hurricane land, there are some truly silly people.

I was driving back to my house last Sunday, and passed a stack of plywood by the street. It was wood, bought to shore up windows for Dorian ... and then discarded. So, I got 3 full sized 3/4" plywood sheets and one 2'x8' 3/4" plywood piece.

I spent yesterday cutting it into pieces for some 3'x2'x1' cabinets. It's construction grade, so I'm not finishing it for inside the house ... but it'll make some nice new storage in the garage. I've got to pick up some more pipe clamps before I start glue/screwing the pieces together. I also need to pick up some hardware and another sheet of peg board for the doors.

Pictures when they're done.

Crazy!

Up here in SC we number them for where they go, take them down and put them away for the next go round.

I think some here do the same thing. I know I did. But if everyone does that, there'd be no shortage of plywood just before every storm.

Then again, the wood for ALL of our windows does take some room to store. I suppose a lot of people don't have room.

Nice Mike that's not cheap stuff.

Noahguide that's what I would do as well no point in spending 200$ on plywood every time there is hurricane.

a little bit of power washing/sanding on the frame. staining/sealing has to wait for spring and this project is done.

main-deck-800.jpg

back-door-800.jpg

All of my fly-tying needs are met (at least for now) so I'm working on my rods, re-wrapping the first of eight rods to my new colors... Back on the water this Saturday down at Flamingo with a long time European fly angler that can really lay out a heavy rod.... Looking forward to it...

For a lot of years all of the rods on my skiff had blue and gold wraps - since I still have a bunch of Gudebrod spools in black, size A (a full box of one ounce spools) I figure that should last me until I'm no longer able to guide. All of my new rods (and all of the old stuff when re-done ) will be with black and gold thread..... Only another eight rods to go....

All of my fly-tying needs are met (at least for now) so I'm working on my rods, re-wrapping the first of eight rods to my new colors... Back on the water this Saturday down at Flamingo with a long time European fly angler that can really lay out a heavy rod.... Looking forward to it...

For a lot of years all of the rods on my skiff had blue and gold wraps - since I still have a bunch of Gudebrod spools in black, size A (a full box of one ounce spools) I figure that should last me until I'm no longer able to guide. All of my new rods (and all of the old stuff when re-done ) will be with black and gold thread..... Only another eight rods to go....

A guides work never ends. I officially retired from big game and fish guiding this fall. I enjoyed 35 years of it but I gotta say that my float trip this fall, when the only person I had to worry about was me, was the best one I've had in a long time.

Made a balcony bar top for my daughters condo.

post-48414-0-43571600-1569713877_thumb.jpg

post-48414-0-30913000-1569713919_thumb.jpg

Dang it! I wish I knew why some of my photos get turned sideways. Mike can you fix them again?

Thanks for fixing that. After I redo my family room to include new doors and a fireplace, I think I will make them a couple bar stools to go with it.