Fly Tying
flytire

head cement cap

Going to give this one a try when I finish the mustard. Thanks Norm, will see if this helps keep my lacquer more manageable. Simple.....good idea.

I quit using head cement because of the short time it took for a bottle to become unusable. Now I use fingernail polish instead.

Are those type lids actually more airtight than the factory lid?

I quit using head cement because of the short time it took for a bottle to become unusable. Now I use fingernail polish instead.

Are those type lids actually more airtight than the factory lid?

You ever try just using fast dry water based poly? It’s cheaper than fingernail polish even at a $1 a bottle

I think you can buy a half pint of it for like three or four bucks.

I use finger nail polish too but I find it a pain in the ass. It thickens up to fast, the bottle tips over and it’s hard to open and close.

About 75% of the time I just make my own Dave’s flex cement and use that on just about everything.

I have a couple favorite glass bottles from the hobby store I mix my stuff in,now I just need to find a flip cap that fits them. I like this idea!

I had a couple of those Dyna-King aluminum cement bottles($40) they look pretty cool sitting on the desk

But they don’t work worth a chit if you ask me...Ex-wife threw them away in the divorce.

Never used them really, big waste of money

I use a Renzetti Head Cement Bottle. Come with a flexible plastic cone that seals the bottle between uses. The permanent screw cap has a hole for the head cement bodkin.

imgrc0064543731.jpgrenzetti_ht307_glass_applicator_jar_lg.j

If you want to make the Gulden's bottle cap (or most any cap) to be better sealed, stretch a piece of Parrafilm over the bottle before sealing with the cap. Parrafilm is a stretchy, waxy film used in labratories much like saran wrap.