Fly Tying
Johnw1986

Cheap hooks

Depends on what your tying.  I tie for sunfish and bass, so I use Eagle Claw hooks from Walmart.  As little as $4:00 for a 50 count box.

5 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Check out The Fly Shop of Redding, CA.  House brand.

TFS has some great hooks for cheap. They are even cheaper than the TMC hooks I buy at a discount as a Signature Tyer in the same models.

Kimo

lurecraft.com for mustad 94840 $8.75 per 100,  #3906B $8.92 per 100, 9672 $11.88 per 100, better by the 1000 good price on #3366 also but remaining stock only. 

After looking at the flyshop  their selection and prices are excellent add another +

Allen Fly Fishing has some decent hooks at reasonable prices, and beads and cones. Risenfly also has decent hooks, as does Green Caddis Outfitters. J Stockard has their own brand too, in addition to name brands, that are good hooks, and priced reasonably.

A fellow who sells on ebay, and uses the seller name hardydeluxe has a variety of hooks at reasonable prices. He's in Canada. With this virus issue, not sure how that affects mail from Canada, but he's been a real good source. 

I get email newsletter notices from several shops & sellers, and buy when they have sales on their hooks. That makes an already fair price even better, but means you have to wait for the sale.  I always keep plenty of hooks on hand. 

While I havent looked at all the links does anyone sell a variety pack of different sizes (10-18)? Im not so worried about the cheapest but would love to buy some decent hooks in a variety pack.

I use walmart worm hooks for poppers and deer hair buggers.   

Small stuff can be done on bait hooks.   I have a ton of mustad hooks for salt that i bought years ago.  

On 4/3/2020 at 5:42 PM, 96P993 said:

While I havent looked at all the links does anyone sell a variety pack of different sizes (10-18)? Im not so worried about the cheapest but would love to buy some decent hooks in a variety pack.

Orvis does and FishUSA.com does. Cheaper at FishUSA