Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Caddis for Christmas VIII

I've been 2020ed!  I was out taking one of my granddaughters home from school when I got a frantic call from my wife.  A water pipe in the wall between the family room and a bathroom burst and she had water all over.  I told her how to shut off the main and headed home.  The insurance company sent over a wonderful team who ripped up most of our carpet, moved a lot of our furniture outside, and set up these huge dryers.  Right now my den is full of boxes from the closet which was also affected.  More guys are coming in the morning, so not sure if I will get the flies out Monday,  I will try my best.

Fishingbob take care of your house and wife don't be concerned with mailing the flies. You can get to them when you do. Family needs first!

You have a flood and you are worrying about a few flies?!  Take care of your home and family - a few flies not tied/mailed will NOT affect your reputation in the least with me!  And PLEASE survive 'till 2021!  Take care!

Kim

Your mailman was around when the pipes broke, was he? Remember Neumann on Seinfeld? They cause trouble to those who question the mail......

Seriously, great talking with you. Hope nothing important or irreplaceable was damaged. Hang in there.

5 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

Yikes, what a way to end 2020. Take care Bob

Shut your mouth boy. You trying to jinx us more? 2020 ain't done with us yet. 

Bob, first thing I think of when someone says a pipe burst is frozen pipes. This comes from living 66 years up north before escaping and then I got to thinking frozen pipes is probably not your problem in CA. We had a big cold front come through down here in OK some years back and it went down to -8 degrees. Went to hardward store next day and half the people in town were buying something to fix frozen or burst water pipes. We don't have a problem since wife tore our house completely apart the last year I worked up north and rebuilt it. It, like many houses down here had no insulation to speak of. Now it is and heats and cools so much easier than it did before.

Bob Nelson I hope you see progress and nothing that can’t be replaced was damaged.

I have that new photo App from the post office. They sent me a photo of the postal carrier delivering my flies this morning to your house. 

I’m wishing you and Sharon well. Be safe.

1B4CAEA2-CEE8-4FB7-B899-03B343CDE4A4.jpeg

OK, here is the swap update:  Jburge dropped his flies by my house on Saturday and Darrell's came in the mail.  I got Dflanagan's little black caddis today so we are just waiting on Psychoprince's to arrive.

The disaster repair crew came by Thursday evening about 7:30 and worked until after Midnight.  They ripped out about half our carpet and left three huge (and very lout) dryers.  We are going to have some major restoration work ahead.  Lots of sheetrock has to be torn out and replaced and possible a plate and some studs.  

Thanks so much for all the support, you have no idea how much your comments mean to Sharon and I.  There is more to the fellowship of fly tyers than just tying flies.

Tight Lines to All,

Bob 

One suggestion for you Bob, don't try and tie any flies from the material that they tore up!  Ok, well maybe the carpet! :)

Kim

OK, Psychoprince said that he was going to overnight his flies last week.  As of today, they have not arrived.  So far he has not responded to my PM about a tracking number.  If I do not hear from him or get the flies by Saturday I will mail them out on Monday the 14th.  Hopefully they will arrive before Christmas. 

Tight Lines,

Bob

Hey guys, I am up to my hackles in contractors, insurance adjusters, estimators and mitigators.  Never knew how much trouble can come from one broken pipe.  Apparently we will have to move out for maybe a month.  Anyway I am not going to get to the PO today, hopefully I can get there tomorrow.  Thanks for all the support.  We had one no show, so you will be getting one of your own flies back.