Fly Tying
mikechell

Steeldrifter

Steve, glad to hear you and your mom are doing better, I to live in mid Michigan, and I can’t say enough bad things about the health care system here. I hope your mom continues to improve, and you as well.

Mike.

Just to update. I am doing MUCH better the past few days. Feeling more & more like my normal self now and have energy to do things again. Probably gonna get back into the rod shop this week for a bit finally. I'd say I'm prob 85% back to normal now.

Just have to get Mom back to herself again. At her age she will take a lot longer than me.

44 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

Just to update. I am doing MUCH better the past few days. Feeling more & more like my normal self now and have energy to do things again. Probably gonna get back into the rod shop this week for a bit finally. I'd say I'm prob 85% back to normal now.

Just have to get Mom back to herself again. At her age she will take a lot longer than me.

Glad to hear it Steve. How are you sleeping now? Our thoughts are with your Mom.

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

Glad to hear it Steve. How are you sleeping now? Our thoughts are with your Mom.

Not good right now. I have to get up about every 4-5 hrs to help Mom to the bathroom, and it takes me at least an hour just to get back to sleep after I get up so right now I'm only getting a few hours of sleep here & there through the night.

One weird side effect still is my hands are a bit shaky when I try to do things. Not sure why but must be some odd thing from the rona. Should hopefully go away over time.

I just learned about your siege with health issues and I am very glad you are on the mend.  Here's hoping things get back to normal for you and your Mom as fast as possible. 

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

Not good right now. I have to get up about every 4-5 hrs to help Mom to the bathroom, and it takes me at least an hour just to get back to sleep after I get up so right now I'm only getting a few hours of sleep here & there through the night.

One weird side effect still is my hands are a bit shaky when I try to do things. Not sure why but must be some odd thing from the rona. Should hopefully go away over time.

OK then, just take it easy and take care of the most important things, the rest can come along soon enough. Thinking of you.

Just an update on me and how Mom is doing. I'm pretty much over it now and would say I'm about back to normal. The only real thing I have from it now, for some reason after being sick it made my tinnitus worse, as well as having a bit of hearing loss in my left ear, which is the ear that I mostly have the tinnitus in. It's very annoying, and I hope it clears up, but if not then just like anything else I'll just have to adapt & overcome, such is life.

Mom is still on oxygen, probably will be for a while till we are sure her O2 levels are staying above 95 without the O2 assistance. The other issue is her feet & legs are swollen & red due to inactivity for so long. The stupid hospital (I hate Royal Oak Beaumont 😡 ) let her lay in bed for 10 days without hardly moving. So I've been trying to get her up and with her walker having her walk up & down the hallway about a dozen times per day. She's doing better than she was when she came home from the hospital, just going to take a while to get back to how she was.

yup hospitals dont do enough to get patients up and moving. less liability if they fall

red and swollen feet could be retention of fluids.

my dad had purple feet. definately blockages in the arteries/veins

71LHbCoPG3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

my dad had a commode right next to his bed. he was able to get there by himself during the night