Fly Tying

This rod was a very painstaking build just because of the extreme care that was put into it to make sure it meet with the high standards of the rest of the custom parts which other builders had helped with their specialized skills. This package is for an employee at a company that is retiring and his friends all went in on this as a retirement gift package. beautiful wood & cork grip and matching seat are fantastic pieces from Ron Weber at Southwest Custom Rods. The engraving of the owners initials, engraved leafs, and the company logo on the butt cap were done by Joe Duket of Joe Duket Studios. The handcrafted wood rod tube was made by Chris Sparkman and the natural stone agate stripper guide is a J.E Arguello piece. I then did my part with the build and then capped it off with a matching custom rod sock. By far one of the higher end packages we have done over the years and hopefully something the new owner will have as a retirement keepsake from his buddies for the rest of his life.

F5U9w4.jpg
uPgeYS.jpg
bRDWSX.jpg
7gnptr.jpg
Bf597L.jpg
ujaZ59.jpg
7JVw80.jpg
YgNIGV.jpg
jOiKuy.jpg
Exg4L4.jpg
4Wd4wI.jpg

Wow. Not my type of handle but it does look fancy. The wooden box is a great touch and there is something about agate rings that just looks right on fishing rods.

Taking a break from yard work and when I saw this rod, I had to sign in.

Steve......WOW.....Great work!

Just like with a baby, what is the length and weight (of the line)?

In the words of George Takei, "Oohh Myyyy!!!"

That handle is gorgeous. That wooden rod tube is gorgeous. The work on the rod is gorgeous.

The recipient of that rod is a lucky person, indeed !!!

Sweat. That looks GREAT...And i hate green, but this one...