Fly Tying
Al Beatty

Non-Tying Question

Here's my info:

Local "Big Truck" Driver for a Pallet Company.

Married for 30+ years.

Just got back into Fly Fishing after a 25 year layoff.

New Fly Tier, AND I LOVE IT.

Wife is Retired due to MS, doesn't fish,but loves the locations.

Bill DeSavage

I work in the shipping department of a paper bags factory. I pretty much do eveything as I have been there 18 years. My main job is putting pallets of finished goods into and out of the stand up racks like in Home Depot. Only difference is they drive really slow there. I also drop ship product all over the world(via UPS). And when the need arises I also do yard jockey work.

hi guys,i'm 39 ,live in the uk been engaged to my partner for 19 years [she works nights at a major retail shop ]i work in a bmw garage repairing them,got 2 kids 11 yo boyand 8 yo girl, also semi commercial tying [shops and retail]not as much fishing as i'd like but hey thats life

Hello:: I am 25 years old from South Louisiana. I am a Lead production Operator on an offshore production platform. I am also a police officer on my 7 days off from offshore. I am a breeder of exotic pheasant, ducks, pigeons and chuckers. I have about 280 animals which include raccoon, 9'3" Burmese python, 2 dogs, umbrela cockatoo, and the rest birds. I am also Captin of the local fire department and put on the local dog show. I just start tying flies about 6 months ago. and now I am hooked. Bud says where do I find time to do all of it But I have a surportive wife and child that incourage me to always beter myself. Here is a little about myself.

Jean Thibodaux

Well I messed up. I was supposed to be fishing today but came down with this new disease... can't haul my ass out of beditis. wallbash.gif By the time I was up and ready to go, it was dang near 100 degrees outside and this fat old man don't do real well in da heat. wheelchair.gif Hopefully, it's a 24 hour malady and I'll be up and around tomorrow. yahoo.gif

Mike

I have worked in the automotive industry since 88' in various quality compacities from quality engineer to quality manager. I also am a car freak and just finishing a model T hot rod that I have been building for 3 years. My wife is an avid scrapbooker and scrapbook teacher and is supportive of all my vises. (cars and fishing)

I see a lot of varied and interesting backgrounds involved on the board.

ditz

Machinist for 30 with General Motors Powertrain,

My wife also works for GM Powertrain as a Pattern Maker.

I have 2 sons, who live in Orlando Florida where one attends to collage at a major computer animation school (Full Sail) and the other works in the field also, but I can't tell you any more about it or I would need to kill you (top secret stuff)

Bob

Wow what a cool thread! I even read them all. I am a water and chemical tech focusing on the corect application and removal of cleaning agents. Also working hard to acheive the perfect dry. biggrin.gif I work for a carwash manufacturer in Grand Rapids MI I am the service tech for S.W. MI. The perfect job! I travel some of the best steelhead country and that keeps me on steel 24 7 365. I have 3 daughters 5 3 and 9 mos they are all in purchasing. My wife is a part time comercial credit annylist for a bank. (She looks at numbers that I cant ever begin to understand.........Freakin greek) dunno.gif and also a full time mom.

I sell furniture in a local retail store. My wife is an elementary art teacher. I teach fly fishing and fly tying at a local college and in the adult education in our public school. Two kids (kids?) son age 31 and daughter age 28. Both enjoy fly fishing, but son is a fly fishing and fly tying addict. Son also builds fly rods, a skill I lack the endurance for, but do enjoy fishing the rods he builds.

I am a Manufacturing Engineer in the Aircraft business, my wife is retired. Live in Southern Calif, came from western Penna., many years ago.

In the last two weeks we have had two earthquakes and the neerby hillside was on fire, with a lot of helicopter activity, typical California living.

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll

I'm a cop (16 years), my wife works part-time in sales(paper industry), the rest of the time she is a girl scout leader, PTO president, homemaker, & mom. I have a 12 year old son who is into soccer, baseball, basketball, boy scouts. A 10 year old daughter into soccer, basketball, softball, & girl scouts. I've been a Detective for 9 years primarily doing Drug investigations, though there was about a year and a 1/2 stint in there doing robberies/burglaries(needed a break). About 2 years ago, i was offered a chance to join a Federal Drug Task force which i jumped at, so now I get to chase dopers all over the country(I'm still a local cop, just sworn in as Federal Task Force Agent.....I just have to carry 2 badges now). In my spare time, I coach soccer/baseball, boy scout leader, & fish.

Mike

Well i'm a or was an over road simi driver for 13 years.MI to west coast,Texas,Florida.Should have learned to fly fish and ty long go.Know i work locally driving hauling Michigan trains as we call them.other times i;m running heavy equipment for the same company.We design and errect those thing you all drive acrooss when traveling.Bridges.Also while working for the company witch is a pre-fab concrete.We do your Walgreens and large stores.Also other jobs.

Wife or better half,or wife to be,Darn i can't remember.Works for Meijer.

3 beautiful daughters 9-10.Into soccer ,fishing outdoors.Thank goodness not boys yet,or have to pull old harrington out of the closet.Great thread.Think we done this before.But with all the new members joining always great to refresh things.

tt

I'm currently serving with the 10 Mountain Division Light Infantry as a crypto graphic radio repairman. I pretty much work on everything from night vision, radios, laser sights for weapons, etc. I've been in the Army for over 15 years now. My unit was deployed for 15 months in Kuwait and Iraq....the longest deployment for any unit in the 10th Mountain Division so far. That's about the gist of it. Keep Those Serving "Over There" In Your Prayers.....this is going to be a long one.

~army

I work with that guy up there....same Division, same Battalion, same Company.....

Only difference is, I am the Operations NCOIC.....(that makes me the Company Commander and First Sergeant's B@T*H)

Mat