Fly Tying
breambuster

Final Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box Series. DLHWOI

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED

The final round of the Well-Stocked Fly Box Series will be your DLHWOI Fly! And it’s the perfect way to close out this series. If you are going to have a well-stocked fly box, it MUST include your DLHWOI fly. DLHWOI stands for “Don’t Leave Home Without It.”  Everyone has one. That fly that you always count on. That fly that has paid off in the past. That fly that makes the fly box complete. OK, so each swapper will tie up a set of their Don’t Leave Home Without It flies, and anything goes. It can be any type of fly, like Emerger, Wet Fly Soft Hackle, Streamer, etc. So, the choice is yours. But we seriously want your DLHWOI fly, even if it’s your secret weapon. But again, we are thinking a trout box, so you might want to avoid big, saltwater flies and LMB bugs. Or, if you really want to tie some of those, include it as an extra. (I think I will.) Let’s have some fun with this. Who wants in? The due date will be July 5 with an absolute cutoff of July 10.

BB

Swapmeister

1.  Woodenlegs - Stimulator - Received

2.  Stabgnid - Pink Squirrel - Received

3. Shmang - Soft Hackle - Received

4. Vicrider - Zebra Midge - Received

5. Herrickkyle.gmail.com

6. Picken6ofem - Foam Bodied Caddis - Received

7. R2732 - Sugar River Shiner -Received

8. Cloudy - Peeping Caddis - 

9. Fishingbobnelson - Sierra Bright Dot - Received

10. Johnw1986 - TBA - Received

11. WWKimba - Received

Here in Wisconsin you don't leave home without a Pink Squirrel so that's what I will Tie !!

Steve-stabgnid

I’m signed up and my fly is 

PS  Love this swap title going to be very interesting 

Stimulator 

Count me in please.  For me it is a soft hackle - very versatile as it fishes great in all seasons in different sizes,  fishes well on a myriad of styles (on the swing, dead drift, hpopper dropper to name a few), and can be used to suggest a variety of bugs.  I tie mine as an attracor with a mix of ice dub, super fine dubbing, and a hen feather - its shimmer and iredescencemake makes it irrestable.

Shmang

Yep, I'm in. What's funny is you blamed this choice on me but fortunately for a short memory it's a surprise for me too. I have to admit it is almost always a Zebra midge I reach for first but since it's such an easy tie I'll probably include something else with it.

I am in. Yeager's Neversink caddis for me. Lots of people have never heard of it before, but it is a killer for trout and grayling, both in rivers and stillwater. And I will do a couple of griffiths black gnats for random distribution.

I'm in with the Sugar River Shiner.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_River_(New_Hampshire)

Is this for usa residents only? I live in pei Canada...just wanted to know prior to committing 

Cloudy, since have a guy on the swap forum who swaps all the way from Australia, I guess we will be willing to have a Canadian join us. Thanks for you participation.

Fishingbobnelson! It is SO good to see you back in a swap. Looking forward to see what you will contribute.

Johnw1986, welcome as always. Thanks for throwing you hat into the ring. Us Paperlips hunters have to stick together.

BB

Ok Guys, the swap is now closed with 10 swappers and the Swapmeister.. Each swapper is responsible to tie 10 flies and you will not get back 1 of your own. Thanks to all who joined. I’m looking forward to a great swap.

Also, the first set is already in. Woodenlegs’ flies arrived today and they are a great set of flies. That means that Woodenlegs will get the extra fly. And, Woodenlegs, I think I’m going to owe you one from the jig swap. I don’t think I remembered to send you your extra fly. Remind me as we get close to the end of this swap. 

BB

I'm beginning to think Woodenlegs has a huge pile of flies stocked up in groups of a dozen somewhere in his cave. You name the swap, he grabs that group and there he is, first again. I could do that except I never tie in groups that big unless it's for a swap. Otherwise I just like to play with hooks, feathers and thread to see what pops out of the vise.