Fly Tying
vicrider

How about some Bass flies

SWAP IS FULL...10 FLIES TOTAL

Been waiting for someone to post a swap. Maybe this is a bad time since vacations and fishing be going on out there in the real world but for me I have a clean desk and need to do something. I've been tying up the last of my #30 hooks while I'm still able to and have to laugh when I just finished an articulated fly for our shad lake. If we can get some people to do bass flies, eiteher on top or bottom, I'll host it. I know I'm looking forward to the panfish flies and can always use some bass goodies to go with them. Let's look toward mid July for date if we can get some guys to go with this.

NOTE: I was not sure if there'd be any interest in this swap so for count let's figure on one tie per swapper and we'll call the swap full on June 23rd. We'll have a final count then and know the final number. We'll make them due on 7/7/2023. Glad we got some more interest than I was expecting and hope for some more.

Nick Szabo   PO Box 361  Cheyenne, OK  73628

Me...Articulated streamer...Finished

1. Bryon Anderson...Foam Floater...In the house and looking good

2. Woodenlegs...They just crawled in and ready to crawl out

3. Chasing_tails...In the house and looking good.

4. Squeezy...Double Barrels...Got sent back and resending

5. DarrellP...Foxy Clouser...In the house and looking good.

6. Stabgnid...Stumpbuster...In the house and looking good.

7. Mudfish 620...Unbalanced Sparkle Minnow...In the house and looking good

8. CPHubert..In the house and looking good.

9. richmc...eyelash leech..In the house and looking good.

10. flytire...In the house the usual top of line work Norm does.

I’m in pattern TBD

crawdad size 6 or 8

Edited by Woodenlegs
Announce pattern

18 hours ago, flytire said:

how many?

Good question Norm. I had no idea if there would be any interest with forum so quiet and everyone fishing (I  hope)...

Never mind all that I said. See note in first post. Hope you'll join in. I've seen the quality of your streamers.

I'm guessing if it'll catch a Mudfish it'll catch a bass. Mudfish was a name for dogfish/bowfin up north and down here that's what a lot of them call bullheads. If you're new to our swaps welcome to a great group of people and if you need any questions answered just drop me a PM.

Nick

20 hours ago, vicrider said:

I'm guessing if it'll catch a Mudfish it'll catch a bass. Mudfish was a name for dogfish/bowfin up north and down here that's what a lot of them call bullheads. If you're new to our swaps welcome to a great group of people and if you need any questions answered just drop me a PM.

Nick

Thanks, Nick. I have yet to catch a mudfish with a fly rod, but that’s the goal!  Hope some from this swap will be just the ticket.  

This is only my second swap, Darrell’s panfish swap we just finished was my first. Really appreciate y’all putting these together!