Fly Tying
niveker

RIP Huckleberry Finn

Sad to say that Huckleberry Finn, my faithful fishing partner and constant companion of the last 8 years, passed away from cancer this week.   

Rest easy, my good friend, you will be missed.    

Huckle Bugger

Huckle-Bugger.jpg

Hook: #8, 2xl

Thread: Brown

Weight: .020

Rib: DMC Light Gold

Tail: Huckleberry Finn

Body: Huckleberry Finn, brushed out

Hackle: Hen pheasant

IMG-2606.jpg

IMG-20191110-0948231.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Sorry for your loss, my last lab passed about 3 years ago the hurt was so bad I decided at my age no more dogs.

Mike.

Sorry to hear niveker, dogs aren't called man's best friend for nothing, that's for sure. Great looking dog

Sorry to hear that.  The only bad thing about our furry friends, is that we don't get more time with them than we do. But they sure do brighten the years they are with us.

You do get attached to them… We’re fortunate to have such a partner… Our own Lab is 14 years old now but still a great companion…. 

When you're able another one will be ready to join your family.

Sorry for the loss, I've had dogs all my life with the exception of the first few years in the service. My wife accused me of marrying her to be dog sitter while I went bouncing around the world for Uncle Sam, she may have been right. I usually tie pins with their fur/hair for myself. I wish you fond memories of Sir Huckleberry Finn and in time to stop looking over your shoulder for him.

Chris.

Thank you all for your kind words.

I too have had dogs all my life, with the exception of my late teens and 20's. I'm not sure if it gets harder as I get older, but it sure seems that way. 

This guy truly was the best of them.  But then, my wife says I 've said that with all our dogs. Just as it should be. 

I'm not sure "I'm sorry for your loss" are the words I am searching for... it is the best I can come up with though.  

This hits too close to home.

Michael

All any dog wants in the world is just to be part of a loving family.  While he was here you guys gave Huck a great life.  I'm so very sorry for you, It's heartbreaking to lose them-   

I'm very sorry for your loss.

My little beagle Sophie had to be put to sleep July 28, 2021.  I still mourn.

I got Angus from a nearby shelter in early November 2021.  He truly is the best dog I've ever had and I've had dogs almost all of my life.  No dog can replace Sophie but no dog will ever be able to replace Angus either.  Angus will probably be my last dog anyway.

Give it some time and you'll know when you're ready for another dog.