Fly Tying
flytire

January Flies from the Vise

Deer hair body, the tail is the fluff from a Dollar Tree boa and buck tail. All done on a size 6 scud hook.

I call it a "Yellow Head" ... but there's probably something like it out there.

yellow heads 1.JPG

yellow heads 2.JPG

Add some lead dumbells, and you've got this. I think yours will be killer too. Sweet ties Mike!

http://globalflyfisher.com/patterns/redfish-puff/

Yeah, figures ... no such thing as "original" anymore. But I prefer this pattern without the weight. It just barely submerges, which is what I was looking for when I tied them up. There's been a couple of times when it was the only fly I'd get hits on.

Yeah, figures ... no such thing as "original" anymore. But I prefer this pattern without the weight. It just barely submerges, which is what I was looking for when I tied them up. There's been a couple of times when it was the only fly I'd get hits on.

This is true. Sorry I wasn't trying to pop any bubbles. But great minds think a lot alike. And you have one IMHO. You might wanna try some weighted too. Or even with beadchsin eyes. I know those St. John's bass and other predatory critters will tear them up either way.

Nice crease flies, Mike. I've been meaning to pick up some sheet foam just for that. I've been cranking out these little poppers today. Trying out making straw shrimp too. Finally getting the hang of it.

post-60238-0-71150100-1483510832_thumb.jpg

Haven't posted in a while, here are some flies for a coming lengthy trip to nz. Looking for fishing buddies while I'm there hit me up if interested.

IMG_0320_zpshmumauwy.jpg

IMG_0082_zpsgltrfjaa.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsffr490cq.jpg

IMG_0198_zpslznvku9z.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsbme4ya8i.jpg

IMG_0308_zpsmjjwxwdj.jpg

Bulb, you actually put the hook through your skin for the picture. What size is that?

Mike W, nice looking crease flies. Love the paint job. Do you wrap the hook on something for the foam to hold on to?