Fly Tying
GC59

February 2019 Flies From the Vise

Мои мыши плавают, Все !

Translated....My mice are swimming, Everybody!

(No mention of OH though)

Cream,

I know what you mean about the mouse but I dont think a mouse should float anyways.

They swim pretty much sunken with just their head sticking up struggling not to drown.

Same with a frog...ass end hanging below the surface with their head and eyes sticking out of the water.

Nice tie though as always.

You too Rusmaster nice mouse tie....thatll fish.

I'm curious as to why you don't think mice should float? Every mouse I've ever seen that's fallen in the water has swam right across the creek/pond on top of the water.

Its a fact mice can't float. the fur sucks up water and they drown, they struggle (swim) as fast as they can to try and stay above the surface but they start to sink the moment they hit the water. watched them in a bucket do this

Caloosa, Love the hair work!

Thanks bud. They've become an addiction.

They are fun, I haven't stacked hair in a while, I think I only did one or two all of last summer.

Denson's Fiery Crippler

45990619165_ec68cf1ecc_c.jpg

45990618935_a4f77e2bd9_c.jpg

45990619065_af25ea74fd_c.jpg

hook - Dai Riki 075 #8

thread - Danville 6/0 wine

rib - oval tinsel gold

body - dubbing fiery brown/claret/ant brown

body hackle - brown

1st shoulder hackle - golden pheasant rump dyed orange (1Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange, 1 Tbs Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water)

2nd shoulder hackle - hen brown

Denson's Fiery(er) Crippler

33031006228_8aefca3b14_c.jpg

45991846705_0091aa52bf_c.jpg

33031005988_a5265dc0ab_c.jpg

No offense to the chicken, but that brown hackle was a bit drab so I brightened things up a bit

hook - Dai Riki 075 #8

thread - Danville 6/0 wine

rib - oval tinsel gold

body - dubbing fiery brown/claret/ant brown

body hackle - rust brown (1Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange, 1 Tbs Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water)

1st shoulder hackle - golden pheasant rump dyed orange (1Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange, 1 Tbs Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water)

2nd shoulder hackle - hen rust brown (1Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange, 1 Tbs Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water)

Regards,

Scott

Cream,

I know what you mean about the mouse but I dont think a mouse should float anyways.

They swim pretty much sunken with just their head sticking up struggling not to drown.

Same with a frog...ass end hanging below the surface with their head and eyes sticking out of the water.

Nice tie though as always.

You too Rusmaster nice mouse tie....thatll fish.

I'm curious as to why you don't think mice should float? Every mouse I've ever seen that's fallen in the water has swam right across the creek/pond on top of the water.

Its a fact mice can't float. the fur sucks up water and they drown, they struggle (swim) as fast as they can to try and stay above the surface but they start to sink the moment they hit the water. watched them in a bucket do this

That’s what I’m saying

They don’t float like a cork they struggle to swim and barely keep their heads above the water, thier body is in a surface flim or below the surface