Fly Tying
GC59

February 2019 Flies From the Vise

[quote name="Mike West" post=

Nice work Mike.

I always liked the thunder creeks patterns because they really catch fish and are durable.

Years ago keeping the two bundles of hair colors separate was so difficult I didn't have many in my fly box.

It is fairly easy to keep the hair separate now thanks to slipping a post-it-note in between the two colors before folding them back.

Thx

Those are my Bassy ones. The heads have foam wrapped underneath for extra flotation,craft fur or Marabou Tails with wing flash and flashabou

FAD5092-B-68-FD-4-EA4-B3-B1-6854-B959-EB

Nice work Mike.

I always liked the thunder creeks patterns because they really catch fish and are durable.

Years ago keeping the two bundles of hair colors separate was so difficult I didn't have many in my fly box.

It is fairly easy to keep the hair separate now thanks to slipping a post-it-note in between the two colors before folding them back.

Do you have keith's book, makes it easy to tie them.

Some of you guys tie like Durer painted. Mine look more like a Picasso, with parts misplaced and at weird angles.