Fly Tying
GC59

February 2019 Flies From the Vise

Ggmiller, it has a good shape to it. Have you used glitter thread or just around the thorax area?

Piker20, it is Tulip Glitter Diamond Fabric Paint, I put 2 coats for cheeks.Got tired of working with biots for the cheeks, so tried that; turned out pretty good. The red is metalic quilting thread from my wife's stash.

I did the first couple on 1x short scud hooks size 12, kinda tough to get all on them, so switched to a 1xl nymph hook. Worked out a lot better for the new buzzers.

Been working on some top water stuff.

7-FE2-D7-ED-D769-4-B3-B-93-D5-A2288-FA05

Real nice work Mike.

Where do you get your foam for this one and do you shape it?

Thx.

That one is a wine bottle cork I shaped. I also do them out of foam marshmallows from the hobby store and balsa wood. The frog is a foam marshmallow

Thx.

That one is a wine bottle cork I shaped. I also do them out of foam marshmallows from the hobby store and balsa wood. The frog is a foam marshmallow

Mike, I have one of these you tied from a swap and it's soft so it must be a foam marshmallow,,,,mystery solved.

I like how your's swims and will have to try to shape and tie some...thanks again.

Thx.

Mike, I have one of these you tied from a swap and it's soft so it must be a foam marshmallow,,,,mystery solved.

I like how your's swims and will have to try to shape and tie some...thanks again.

Yeah they fish well. Originally I was trying to duplicate a Tiny Torpedo and a Zara Spook.

Not sure what you have in your hands but I have dozens of those patterns some with propellers on the front.

The action all depends on how you shape it, round, flat on the belly flat on the sides...ect.

Put some lead in the ass end and you will get that Walk the Dog action.

7-C59-FBDE-2-DDB-49-AE-AF3-A-FD1-AA3-A73

9-ED9-A65-B-898-C-4-B6-D-A1-C1-0-EB4-B15

6-E98607-F-15-AB-4-F80-AC69-24-CF3-D7063