Fly Tying
breambuster

Classic Dry Fly Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box

Henryville Specials hit the PO this morning, ETA is 3/30.  Tracking # sent by PM.

I forgot to snap a quick pic before sending them off.  

Thanks for hosting these quick rounds BB, I enjoyed the 2 I participated in.  Will probably lay off any more swaps as the season approaches.  

I'm having real issues with accessing this site.  Finally took a stab at it on Safari (I hate it as a browser but I can't connect on Chrome???).  I retrieved your address from a previous swap and the Borden's beetle bugs are on their way.  Hope everyone is doing well in these unsettled times.  

Sorry, Professori, that you are having trouble. Not sure what the problem could be. I’m on Chrome. No problems. I will let you know when your flies arrive.

BB

Royal Trudes are in the mail.  ETA 3/30  Tracking number 9500 1155 9402 0087 1958 05

I have started on BWO parachutes. 

Image may contain: text

Small flock headed for bb, USPS predicts arrival Thurs, I think not, went with Pony Express, but 20-Mule team wagon often seems quicker...

When I went to the mail box last night, it was stuffed full-size! FOUR sets of flies, and they are all of great quality. The there are Mark Knapp, Professori, Johnw1986 and r2736. Great work, guys, and thanks for being a part of the swap.

NOW, I have gotten all sorts of extras, which I always appreciate. However, Johnw1986, I am going to need for you to help me out with yours. What is La-Co Slic-tite and what do I do with it? It says it’s for difficult thread applications, and I DO have trouble with my tying thread at times. Will it help me tie off when I tie parachutes?

BB

I’ve found that when tying in the hackle for parachutes, if you face the hook downward, post facing out, it makes it a lot easier to hold the hacker in place while whip finishing 

This is a pic I took of the flies I sent. I told the story earlier but this fly was a favorite of President Eisenhower and also one of mine to tie and use if I get to trout. Bluegill will blast it of course but there's flies a lot simpler to tie than this bluegill will just as readily fight over as to who gets it.

DSCF5603 (2).JPG