Fly Tying
flytire

October Flies From The Vise

Wow, really great ties posted so far.  

7 hours ago, SBPatt said:

Denson’s Hairwing Wickham

Those are some great colors on that fly, SB.  

Yeah McFly, most people don’t even carry the smaii stuff they need with them. I hate it when they’re in the good holes just wasting time when you could be there catching. We do have yellow drakes in our tail water. They are about an 8-10. 2x long dry fly hook.

Last two of my baker's dozen, #22 Adams Midge, showing one on a WFC Model 3 & another on a vintage Mustad 94840. 

I switched to black Uni Caenis  (20 den. nylon) for these, which worked well but... meh (breaks & slips). I kept muskrat dubbing for the body, but this size exceeds just a bit my ability to keep a dubbing noodle body proportional, and I switched to Whiting (from Metz / Keough) for brown and grizzly hackle, which worked well.

Great month everybody. Cheers

617740523_AdamsMidge22WFC3.thumb.jpg.4e76e131e6d87c080d3a8d33db425c09.jpg

611921060_AdamsMidge22M94840.jpg.22af1c646d131b5c4ed644748937ee0a.jpg

18 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

Last two of my baker's dozen, #22 Adams Midge, showing one on a WFC Model 3 & another on a vintage Mustad 94840. 

I switched to black Uni Caenis  (20 den. nylon) for these, which worked well but... meh (breaks & slips). I kept muskrat dubbing for the body, but this size exceeds just a bit my ability to keep a dubbing noodle body proportional, and I switched to Whiting (from Metz / Keough) for brown and grizzly hackle, which worked well.

Great month everybody. Cheers

Those are great!