Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Adam no that wasn't a dream, I think Steve got rid of him.

Today and yesterday I got my first cichlid and my first bluegill!post-59033-0-15851000-1470343722_thumb.jpg

Those Mayans do taste amazing!You need to try em Salty!

Carson that is a gorgeous catch!

NICE Red Devil, Flats. I caught some of those in Hawaii. I didn't know they were also down there.

Mike, was that a spot? His mouth looked small for a largemouth. But then again could just be the angle you're holding it.

I am not sure, either, Fisher. Here's another one, caught this evening from the same area. They look like small/large-mouth-spotted-guadelupe-redeye-sugar bass, to me.

I am sure some of the biologists on the site will chime in.

Mike the first bass had a more distinct lateral line and distinct change from light to dark with the faint spotting lines of a spotted bass. The second one has the more largemouth ish coloration and the mouth looks proportionate. The first ones mouth seems to curve down between the jaw and eye, a characteristic of smaller mouthed black basses. They do both have 9 dorsal spines and connected dorsal fins though... Idk...

Yeah ... I fished this same area last year and caught the same mixed bag of bass. All of them are beautifully colored and healthy, just not very big. I KNOW some of them are Spotted Bass ... just not sure about all of them. I'll be posting a few more videos soon, which will show the variety better.

Monday's trip

Thursday's trip

Oh, and a correction ... these little fish are from the San Joaquin River, not the San Jacinto ... traveling gets quite confusing sometimes.

South Fla Warmwater Slam this morning on a shaved head muddler minnow: bluegill, bass and peacock bass. No great size to any of them but the peas are always so pretty.

post-52874-0-31742400-1470492126_thumb.jpg

That is a pretty Peacock Bass, Bimini. Goofy looking, with that breeding bump or whatever it is, but beautiful colors.