Fly Tying
vicrider

Last Santa thread of the year...

Truly Awesome box full of dries from Netabrookie

I appreciate this very much and the pics dont do justice but still good

Merry Christmas to all!

xmas2.jpg

xmas1.jpg

I received a very nice set of flies from jmckaughan, who , I believe, is now going by the name "Wooden Legs." (Thanks! Easier for me to remember how to spell.) There were under the tree last night when we returned from spending the afternoon at the "In-Laws" house. Opening the package brought a very pleasant ending to the Christmas gifting season.

Thanks jmckaughan/Wooden Legs & thanks to Vicrider for hosting. Great job on what must be a really tough swap to host.

PS. I'm scheduled for cataract surgery on Thursday. Prayers appreciated. Hope my vision for tying will be greatly increased.

BB

Thanks to VCRider for coordinating and hosting this swap.

I received a very nice, large group of flies from ATXDiscGolfer. Thanks!!

post-21322-0-00928100-1482768868_thumb.jpg

A big thank you to Flytyer for the very nice set of flys he gave me😊 As usual they were all nicely tied. I can't wait for spring 45 today and was putting me in the mood. To bad they are calling for snow by end of week.

C'mon guys, that's only half the presents that went out. Isn't it proper to thank a gift giver for the time put into your package? Pics if possible but at least acknowledgement.

Joe, I received your swap gift. I can say I'm blown away. Being a part of this forum means we all have a love for things that are made by hand. I am truly grateful for such a high quality gift. Its the perfect fly holder for stowing my latest creations on their test run to my "neighborhood" stream. Let's not forget about the flies! Lots of inspiration and fish catching to be done! I mostly tie streamers, so I'm glad to have the smaller trout flies. Thanks for providing some fishing related goodness under my tree this year.

Lastly, my apologies for the delayed response. This has been the first time I've sat down at my desk since before Christmas. Lots of traveling and family time. I hope you all had as great a holidays. Cheers!

post-58182-0-13218800-1483034126_thumb.jpg

post-58182-0-81597500-1483034127_thumb.jpg

...also, I'm curious as to who received mine.

Hazathor, glad you like it. Not sure if the note made the journey but if not, the leather is Horween Chromexcel, Horween tans the finest leather you can buy. Those snaps are solid brass so no rust and the sheep wool is glued on so when it wears it can be replaced. Enjoy it!

I am so glad I didn't try this swap. My "present" would have been the fly tying equivalent of the "hand print turkey" from kindergarten.

I finally got around to taking pictures of my Christmas package. Big thank you to Dubs for the nice box and assortment of flies. it was really nice to get to open this on Christmas. For sure it was the first gift I opened!

post-58148-0-04091200-1483080217_thumb.jpg

Another nice bonus he also included a patch of deer hair from his 2015 bow hunt.

post-58148-0-16157100-1483080251_thumb.jpg

Thank you Dubs and thank you Santa Claus for putting this together!

I got them! Thanks for the fabulous fly mix and box carpflyguy. Here's hoping there will be enough water to fish in this spring. Vic, wholehearted thanks for your efforts once again. Just leaving them open and feasting on them awhile. Happy New Years everyone.

post-15490-0-63594100-1483123302_thumb.jpg