Fly Tying
rolsen

JANUARY flies

Ben tie up a dozen or 2 of them CJs and come on up the trout will smash the shit out of them

Hmm you have peaked my interest. I was just messing around because I have blue wire from the intruder swap. Good color combo for trout? What time of year?

I have been experimenting with a new material for wings. Maybe some of you have tried this too. I saw some tulle fabric at a craft store and I just had to give it a try. I wish I had a wing burner...

post-35746-0-45010700-1358352408_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-42979000-1358352432_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-79487900-1358352464_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-58331800-1358352485_thumb.jpg

Tied some more small black dry flies:

BlackDryFly_zpsa0f3fe1d.jpg

And also a black pennel variant. Instead of black floss for the body. It's black SLF dubbing

BlackPennelVariant_zpsb470aa73.jpg

It is that time of year to re-fill the salty boxes! Big thanks to Kirk who helped me with getting my shrimps to swim correctly when i was a beginner, nothing like having someone test your warez and suggest improvements.

Anyway this is for bonefish, but loads of things will chew it, in the process and doing a few in Tan/ Brown.

P1162064_zpsd7856d14.jpg

It is that time of year to re-fill the salty boxes! Big thanks to Kirk who helped me with getting my shrimps to swim correctly when i was a beginner, nothing like having someone test your warez and suggest improvements.

Anyway this is for bonefish, but loads of things will chew it, in the process and doing a few in Tan/ Brown.

P1162064_zpsd7856d14.jpg

Jam are you hold out on your salty friends? More information on these things! Generally I can disect a pattern well, but you may have me on this one! Excellent tie!