Fly Tying
rolsen

JANUARY flies

Just thought i would try and tent some mallard flank onto the blue charmish things and up the size to a #7, still has arctic fox under, should hold the roof nicely.

P1122068_zpsfea72c52.jpg

Look forward to swimming them.

Jam! Put those babies in a frame. That would make a cool one for over the tying bench. I have NO IDEA how you tent mallard flank. I try just tying with them and I just about loose my mind lol. Very cool dude.

Tied most of these at the Fly Fishing Show last weekend here in Denver

attachicon.gif013a.jpg

attachicon.gif043.jpg

attachicon.gif057.jpg

attachicon.gif046.jpg

attachicon.gif031.jpg

I tie mostly saltwater flies, but I know a great set of flies when I see em'. That second stonefly is abosolutely awesome.

DLSBLACKRBLAV-1-_zpse6bae315.jpg

Delektable Lil’ Spanker… BLACK, Rainbow-Lavender…Dan Delekta/Variant…TMC 5262, #12 – #18…

PT/TB

carlp5351, they look like nice snacks!

Thanks Chefben! The mallard tenting can be a bit fiddly at first, the feathers are slippery and difficult to handle but after a few tries you should be able to nail it. Pretty nifty little tying technique to have, after u get them to sit you will start to try and tent all sorts of feathers. Goose seems to tent nicely.

Here is a good link that should help, just be prepared to swear at the feathers for the first few tries. Scroll down to mallard wings

http://flyanglersonline.com/flytying/atlantic/spey-dee/lesson3.php

And here is Davie McPhail once again making it all look too easy. He seems to do that!

I've been lurking and not posting much for quite a while... It's been a long time since I tied up a fly due to my son being sick... Longer since my last Rangely streamer... but this weekend the mood hit in conjunction with a little bit of time and I was able to enjoy some time at the vice mucking around... Felt good!

post-24830-0-67087000-1358194107_thumb.jpg

post-24830-0-40610500-1358194119_thumb.jpg

Seeing prince nymphs everywhere just recently so I tied up some variations based on salmon / big trout sizes.

post-42518-0-55783000-1358263637_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-55584300-1358263813_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-19934400-1358263855_thumb.jpg