Fly Tying

Wow is right! I'm liking this new topic. I've been looking at this fly for about five minutes. I think I'm going to look at it some more. It not only highlights your skills but also your patience and attention to detail. Really nice fly. 

Wow! And fantastic picture! I'm mesmerized and can almost imagine every wrap being laid down with the clarity of the photo. I'm not currently capable of doing something like that right now, but I'm thoroughly impressed by your skills!

All that I can say is "wow"!  Your topping and tail placement are perfect.  Hell, everything is perfect.  What is the name of this one?

i always find it mind boggling how that many feather slips are tied down with a minimal amount of thread wraps 

i struggle with simple wet fly wings 😁

27 minutes ago, flytire said:

i always find it mind boggling how that many feather slips are tied down with a minimal amount of thread wraps 

i struggle with simple wet fly wings 😁

Interesting comment, so there is some “hiding” going on up front, which takes advance planning. I took an 8 hour thread control/techniques course from a well known Classic guy, some great tips and tricks to keep bulk down :)