Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Flies Invitational

So, to challenge myself with something new: I'll do a Carrie Stevens style streamer for this swap, just got some nice hooks in the mail today :)

Tony ... we are ALWAYS annoyed with you. Notice I said WITH you, not AT you.

Too many similar gripes about the rest of the world to be annoyed AT you.

I knew the Central American and South American tribes and civilizations had blow guns. It's only normal to think the North American tribes would use one, too. It's not the lack of ingenuity I question ... it's the lack of material and need. Blowguns work well in the close confines of a tropical forest. In the open, it's just not long range enough to be much use.

Again, I am not arguing ... and I, TOO, will be researching this further.

As far as the invention of the fly ... this I find highly doubtful. Indians didn't fish for "sport". They fished for food. Bone hooks were used in waters that were too dark or stained to see fish. In clear water ... a long "spear" or v

shaft is much more effective at collecting food for your tribe.

Here's my 2 cents on that Mike. The Native Americans also didn't drink themselves away... Before the white man introduced them to whiskey... If this native had hooks, then he'd met white men, and maybe picked up the mentality of sport fishing from them?

Hey Guys, we received 2 more sets of flies today. Piker20's great set of Hot Muddlers has arrived as well as a sweet set of Spruce Flies from Horseshoes. Interesting that two sets of flies from two International tyers, in different parts of the world got their flies to me on the same day. Now that was either great planning and timing or a happy accident. I'm opting for the happy accident! That gives us 3 really wonderful sets of flies and I know that there are more great sets to come.

Take care

BB

Mine have been tied for a while now and I am just waiting until work quits interfering with my trip to the post office.

add147, I second that thought and would like to add for Breambuster...If you're good with the camera setup it would be a fantastic bunch of shots to shoot a person's entire set of flies together, lined up like little soldiers ready to go to battle, then a close up of just one of the flies. This would give those of us who admittedly do "snowflake" flies with no two quite alike a chance to see some of the full sets from these tiers. Having received flies in a set from many of these people in my swaps I can really appreciate how so many can be so consistent in their ties when I have a hard time just finding matching hackle.

Nick

No joke! That is my biggest issue is being consistent when tying my flies but I still enjoying tying them. I am kind of the thinking as long as the fish takes it that is all that matters I guess!

My flies are ready to go. No address change for you sir? It's been awhile since I've sent anything your way, just want to confirm I'm sending it to the right place.