Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Passing of my brother

This week I lost the best fly fisherman I knew, my brother, Dick Nelson.  Dick bought me my first fly rod and reel back in the 50's.  He taught me so much about camping and fishing in the Oregon Cascades and mostly on our Home Water, the South Fork of the Rogue.  My brother and I shared the same birthday, he was 19 years older than me and lived to be 97. I hope there is a fly stream in the beyond and that he and our other brother are fishing together again.

No photo description available.

The pain of losing a true fishing brother is one that I will one day have to bear unless that burden lay on one of their shoulders' first.  Prayers for him, you, and the rest of the family, may you find the peace that he now has.

Bob I am sorry for your loss, 97 years old is a true blessing, being able to share a birthday and passion for the outdoors with your brother for that length of time is special beyond any words that I have. I pray you find peace in the memories of your family's lifetime together.

Sincere condolences . . . its sounds like you had a great life with your brother.  May your memories of him comfort you in this difficult time.    

Bob, I read this last night and it's one of those kind of posts you don't really want to respond to. To have a brother to share and enjoy life with for that many years is a blessing but at the same time it hurts that much more to lose them. You had a lot of good years and the memories you've stored up will be a big part of the rest of your life. You have my sympathy for your loss but at the same time my happiness that you had so many good years with your brother. He'll always be with you in memory whenever you fish a stream or tie a fly.

Nick

Sorry to hear this Bob. I also shared a birthday with my older brother by 7 years.  I feel your pain, truly, my brother passed 2 years ago and the day we together called our birthday will never be the same.

You are fortunate, what  a great blessing, to have such a great brother, mentor and fishing partner for so long. 

Thoughts and prayers, 

Tim, aka trouttramp.