Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

How much does your license cost?

On 3/26/2020 at 3:11 AM, Noahguide said:

SC instate is $10/year for freshwater, $10/year for Saltwater

Yep, love living here! I only have the freshwater now. Didn't know when I might get the next opportunity to go to the coast, so didn't renew my saltwater license last time. I live next to Lake Marion, so most fishing I do now is freshwater anyway.

I'll be 65 in Sept. I can get several different licenses as a package deal for $9 for the year. SC gives us older folks a heck of a deal on licenses. 

Edited by tidewaterfly
My spelling sucks!

M’isipi   Over 65 optional $5 hunt/fish still gotta do state duck stamp $15.  One time saltwater senior $5

Louisiana    $60 NR freshwater $30 NR saltwater annual gotta have both to do salty.   $17.50 one day trip    One day duck hunt $29, annual NR $150

Arkansas  fishing $16 NR 3 day, $25/7 day, $50 annual.  $20 NR trout permit

Florida   NR Freshwater $17/3days, $30/7 days, $47 Annual    Same prices but separate for NR saltwater.   Charter trips can be free.  

Idaho    NR 1st day $15, each additional  consecutive day $7

Wyoming    NR 1 day $14, 5 day $56

Yellowstone Park  permit 3 day $18, 7 day $25, season $40.   No state license needed. 

🎣

ive always had an issue with the senior citizen discount.  some are at 60 yrs ,some 65. being involved in many clubs i know that seniors fish alot and put a big impact on our fisheries. i  dont think the majority would be hurt by paying full price  till they were 70.     im almost 63 and still feel that way.

I've never had any problem with seniors getting discounts/free. IMO by the time you reach that point in your life you have already paid more than your fair share of taxes to the state, and the rate at which social sec has been messed up over the years I think getting a free pass on fishing is a very small thing.

I remember my grandmother doing back flips when she got a 10 dollar increase in her SSN check. I would suggest most seniors, at least the ones in my family, have a hard time keeping pace with the ever rapidly increasing taxes, most notably local school taxes. Ever wonder why conveinance stores are loaded with 65+ employees.  I view fishing license fees as a tax with another name. I would like to see free senior license at age 62 and not an additional tax on them. 

I wish Non Resident fees in other states would reflect the senior discounts too.  Only one I know is La.  waves the $15 WMA fee for over 65.  Everywhere else NR pay regular fees...😕

On 3/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, Steeldrifter said:

Was $28 for a Michigan all species for the longest time. Was $14 for basic then $14 for the added trout/salmon stamp. Then they changed it to I believe just a flat $24 or $26 a couple years ago and made it where everyone had to buy the "all species" for that price.

Michigan All-Species is $26 -- just bought mine online about an hour ago. :)

In the Trout Mecca we call SW Montana, an annual resident license is: $22.50 (seniors[62+] and juniors), $31 all others. (Just got my 2020 at $16.50, price dropped from last year)  Cheap at twice the price. There used to be a free senior license, but that was done away with a few years back.  Unfortunately, if you are a non-resident, the annual license is $111.  These license $$ include fees for conservation and AIS.

Although I dutifully acquire my license each March (it is an annual cycle), I have yet to have a license checked by a warden in the last 10 years.

If you want to fish the trout rich waters of Yellowstone, its $40 for an annual license.

Louisiana has a hook and line "cane pole" license, Tom Sawyer style (no reel, no artificial lures (sorry Tenkara fans)), for $2.50, no other license required.

Florida ... In your County of residence, no license is required for cane pole (live bait) fishing.  Anywhere else, still requires a regular fishing license.

This is my first year for a "free" all water fishing/ small game license it's all the add on fee's - trout stamp, deer private land, deer state land, turkey state land, pheasant stamp, waterfowl state stamp / hip permit, muzzleloader state land we still pay after 65.