Fly Tying
WWKimba

You Give Me the Woollies Swap

"It looks like a Wooly Bugger! - statement by Russell Blessing's 7 year old sister, Julie, upon seeing his first attempt at a dobsonfly larva imitation, thus naming his design!

This is an over the holiday, 1st of the new year swap.  The flies will not be due until Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 so we can 1) AVOID the holiday season - your families can appreciate this, 2) AVOID the holiday mails - those USPS ponies need the break, and 3) to AVOID anyone missing out on Nick's Christmas Swap - I HIGHLY recommend anyone join in this unique swap!

Flies for this swap have to be Wooly Bugger/Wooly Worm and their cousins/variations - if it looks like it belongs in a Wooly Bugger family photo, it belongs in this swap!     The registration for this swap closes on Monday, December 4th, 2023 and, as mentioned, flies are due to me by Wednesday, January 10th, 2024. This will give more than a month to register as well as more than a month to finish your flies after that! We need a minimum of 6 tyers and the swap is open to up to 12 total registrants. It is open to ALL level tyers and new faces, including anyone new to tying/swapping is most welcome! As always, I will share a fly tying gift or two with all swappers. When you register (or shortly thereafter, please include the name of the pattern that your going to tie - we DO NOT want see a whole bunch of olive Wooly Buggers!

ALL SWAPPERS - remember to include the 5 basic items needed for each swap - your flies each with it's own toe tag, sent in a swap box, with a SASE included (so you get your set of flies back!), all included in your sending envelope. If you'd like to SPOIL the swap host (ME!), please include your screen name on each of the last 4 needed items.

If you are new to swaps and/or fly tying please contact me and let me know so I can give you any assistance to make your swap a great experience!

Lastly, and most importantly, HAVE FUN! That's why we took up this hobby!

Kim

1) psychoprince - Thin Mint - received

2) vicrider - Our Lady of Guadalupe Bugger - received

3) DarrellP - Catalpa Wooly Worm - received

4) Chasing_Tails - Krystal Bugger - received

5) fishingbobnelson - Mini Trout Bugger - received

6) niveker - received

7) Bryon Anderson - Gierach's Weedless Woolly - received

😎Woodenlegs - Woolly Worm received

9) cphubert - Golden Retriever received

10) stabgnid received

11) Mudfish620

12) gadabout - Golden Wooly Bugger -received

I'm game unless I tell you different in near future. Things are going good now but not so good recently. I will do a "Our Lady of the Guadalupe" bugger variant.

Im in.    Wooly Worm

just a note this was the first fly I learned to tie in 1994 taught by Harvey Hoops in Amarillo, TX

You are all in and 2 spots left to fill.  Anyone new out there interested??

Kim

You are in and most welcome!  Nice to see a new face.

Kim

ONE last opening - who wants it?