Fly Tying
flytire

What’s a good beer

I haven’t had a beer in year's

what’s a good beer for me to try

im in Connecticut so beers from out west may not be available 

I've never liked the taste of beer.  Tried a few different brands/types at friend's recommendations ... they all taste bad to me.  I quit trying to find one about 30 years ago and have never seen a reason to try again.

Now, the occasional whiskey or schnapps is all I drink.  Rarely occasional, like christmas and birthdays.

Ayinger Hefeweizen (really, any German Hefeweizen). It’s a really refreshing, light but very flavorful German wheat beer. Should be available just about anywhere. 

Asking what beer to try is kind of like asking what fly to use. It really depends on a lot of things. There’s so much different stuff out there. But wheat beers are a good starting point if you’re not accustomed to drinking beer. 

I agree with dflanagan and dogfacedoc,

Try one with a lower alcohol content to start off, higher alcohol content tends to be a little tough for some to drink.

I just got back from fishing, had a leftover brat from last night and I sure could go for a cold Guinness.

:)

I find craft beer to be largely terrible beer with catchy names and stupid high prices. I would reccomend staying away from craft beers with catchy names and anything in the IPA class unless you like really bitter beer. 

I will second  dflanagan's reccomendation of any Hefeweizen. It's my hands down favorite, it's very flavorful, wheaty  and smooth. I lived in Germany for a spell, drank many types of beer and the heffi was simply the best. 

Back in the Stone Age,  I was partial to Schlitz as my mother worked in the office in Brooklyn,  NY. A friend from NH was partial to Heineken. When I lived in Queens, NY, the beer was Rhinegold. Lots of choices.

Take a ride up to Mass,  treehouse brewing in Charlton on route 20,  rated #1 microbrewery on east coast.   Worth the trip.  They do mild ales to barley wines and they do them all good.   

i grew up with old style and strohs  but some of my preferred tastes are leinekugel original,  guiness and shiner bock.     i like maltier beers and drink them slow

9 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Really....in the times we are in, no one is gonna say CORONA? 😁 come on, you knew it was coming.

No one in the world wants Corona right now 😜